Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-01-2024, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

You’re not dropping on a rogue in 5 rounds on xp content. Get real! 3 rounds vs tov trash fair enough, but the context of the comment was levelling.

That said it does feel like rogues/rangers got a lot worse at mitigation i think the antitwink worn ac caps may have got screwed up for them.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

5 rounds is being kind...
It's probably less.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-01-2024, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by |tda| fatal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m confused someone enlighten me pls.
So, OP, any thoughts on the responses to your thread so far?
Old 01-02-2024, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

FWIW one of the best XP trios I ever did was my rogue, bard, monk. All 3 of us had fungis / epic and we non-stopped killed at slabs in hole for 3 hours.

We all took some damage.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I laugh out loud everytime I read someone talk about Rogues tanking or mitigating damage well. Maybe if you're raid geared it helps a bit? But in my ec gear @60 (and on the way up) I've got 3-5 attack rounds in me before I drop. My defense is capped.

With that said...I do remember I used to wait to engage mobs back on live in 99-03 or so and give tanks a few rounds before I'd attack. On p99 tho, nobody does that. Speed is king and so everyone just zergs and deals with the occasional aggro swapping.
You have bad gear. Maybe save up for something nicer like Crystal Chitin. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5 rounds is being kind...
It's probably less.
Omg dramatic update. Prioritize AC/HP instead of haze panther garbage. YW
Last edited by Cecily; 01-02-2024 at 05:19 PM..
Old 01-02-2024, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by |tda| fatal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do rogs /monks / rangers/ intentionally try and get aggro in group content as if they are helping the group so how. Can anyone explain this though process behind this.
If you have a tank in the group and the mob is rooted why are the intentionally getting as close to the mob as possible? Or they are not using evade or FDing at all and rng opening up with flame lick. Am I missing something? How is this helpful in any way? Isn’t it making more work for the healer and wasting more mana which = more downtime for everyone? So just wasting everyone’s time to feel “leet”? I’m confused someone enlighten me pls.
People who can't position right suck. There's a lot of them and I doubt it's intentional. If you're a person who can't tank so good I'm gonna snap that mob off you with a 100% backstab until the tank can manage it. Rogues, like rangers, are light tanks. High end rogues tank better than low end warriors.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have bad gear. Maybe save up for something nicer like Crystal Chitin. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Omg dramatic update. Prioritize AC/HP instead of haze panther garbage. YW
I love this stuff.

Arms, boot and gauntlets are super easy just to stumble into while XPing at zone in. 58 AC, 22 str, 5 sta, 10 hp. Only 10 weight so +12 carry too.

Great gear suggestion!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-02-2024, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

I'd say that in 2024, the reason for the unnecessary agro is specifically the time invested in P99 has people just being too lazy to pay attention. We can provide all kinds of reasons somebody is pulling agro, and some of those might be valid for some folks. But the usual suspect is playing his 10th alt over the last 10 years, and just doesn't have the will to play like a team player anymore. You just assume the tank is twinked and can hold agro no matter the punishment you dish out to the mob.
Old 01-03-2024, 12:12 PM
Skeleton

They could just be new. I know when I started I didn't know much about how agro worked until I kept getting punched in the face as an ENC. Trial by fire learned real quick lol

Green
Vellrin 40 Enchanter
Old 01-03-2024, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
High end rogues tank better than low end warriors.
Not in EverQuest. Please stay on the topic of EverQuest.