Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blank server select list >.< its not the router because soda is playing fine in the same room

eqhost.txt and eqclient.ini are both fine, even tried the 2 alternate eqhosts (login2 and leqemulator)
this is happening to me too. went from ubuntu 13.xx it was working just fine and now with linux mint 17 I have the blank server select screen. Same eq folder too.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

*edit* figured my issue out. Had to:

install ATI drivers for linux found here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver (running Ubuntu 14 currently)

installed a fresh copy of Titanium with Wine, added 99 files and put it into the wine directory

winecfg>set to run on virtual desktop of same resolution as mine

(also worth mentioning: I have been able to run EQ successfully since selecting to "Emulate a Virtual Desktop" in the Graphics tab of Winecfg. After doing so I had to set the window to my screen's resolution, when I mistakenly set it to 1280x720 instead of 1280x768 (which is what my EQ window is set to) when I had 1280x720 in I got an XML error from EQ, so if you get an XML error check these settings (saw a couple others having this issue))

had some shortcut troubles for a couple minutes because I began with this guide and ended with another Deru posted on (woops), overall though pretty smooth once I figured all that out, also had to replace dsetup.dll with a renamed and capitalized DSETUP.dll from the v33 files (when it comes to Linux I learned that at least with files/overwriting it is case sensitive, good to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

up and running now, big thanks to everyone in this thread, the Spell File Outdated Issue/dsetup.dll resolution, and Ruien's Guide to EQ under Linux.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Laugher; 09-01-2014 at 05:07 PM..
Old 09-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feste [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is happening to me too. went from ubuntu 13.xx it was working just fine and now with linux mint 17 I have the blank server select screen. Same eq folder too.
I'm having the same problem. I'm also on Linux Mint 17, and I copied my (working) EverQuest folder from a Windows machine. It starts up fine, but the server select screen is blank. Anyone figure out a solution?
Old 11-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm having the same problem. I'm also on Linux Mint 17, and I copied my (working) EverQuest folder from a Windows machine. It starts up fine, but the server select screen is blank. Anyone figure out a solution?
3.16-3-amd64 debian jessie
wine version 1.6.2-8

Having the exact same issue myself, can't seem to get it sorted. Other games running fine. Tried the eqclient.ini posted here to no avail. Using an EQ install I've copied into previous wine installations with no issue. No notable errors from wine to work off of.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Ok, so I've followed the original guide. I've installed Wine on ubuntu, and I've copied over my complete EQ folder from my windows laptop into the Wine folder. I'm stuck from there...how do I launch the game? I navigated into the folders and right clicked Launch Titanium.bat and told it to open with Wine. My computer acted like it was processing for a second, but nothing happened.

Also, since I copied an existing EQ folder over, I don't have any Everquest desktop shortcuts. Do I still need to install EQ even though I copied over the folder? Any help would be appreciated. Assume you're explaining things to an elementary student, as I'm no Linux pro.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Do you use Wine or PlayOnLinux?
With PlayOnLinux I just create a new wineprefix through the GUI, put my P99 folder in the base directory, and then create an executable shortcut and select the eqgame.exe. Without POL, I think you can do the same by creating a bash script that will set the wine prefix and then you can tell wine to run the eqgame.exe that exists within that prefix. That bash script is then your "shortcut" and you can move it to your launcher/desktop/wherever as you see fit.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

I've installed Wine, but I'm not opposed to PlayonLinux if its easier. I've honestly never used either of them. This is my first experience. Which of those methods would you recommend for a non-programmer?
Old 01-15-2015, 07:41 PM
Sarnak

Ok, I installed it with PlayOnLinux, and used the Launch Titanium file in the Everquest folder to try to launch the game. I got the following error with PoL:

[01/15/15 17:41:30] - Running wine- Launch Titanium.bat (Working directory : /home/usr/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Everquest/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Sony/EverQuest)
wine: Bad EXE format for C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\Launch Titanium.bat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't selecting the eqgame.exe file try to patch the folder from SOE? Aren't I supposed to launch using the Launch Titanium.bat file?
Last edited by 1203jjt; 01-15-2015 at 07:54 PM..
Old 01-15-2015, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't selecting the eqgame.exe file try to patch the folder from SOE? Aren't I supposed to launch using the Launch Titanium.bat file?
Running eqgame.exe with "patchme" as an argument will cause it to skip the patcher. This is all that the .bat file does in the first place. I don't think Wine will run Windows batch scripts directly (probably need to send it through cmd.exe, which is implied on Windows), and it's not really needed anyway in any case.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

So how exactly would I do that?