Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default what it's the best melee solo class??

hello. i'm new one. i want play p99! i want play melee class but i like solo play...

i know most of melee class not for solo play.. but i want play.

ranger have a sow.. and bow

monk have a great dps

rogue have a ... i dunno...

i dont want play bard..

plz recommand class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Regeneration race SK if no bard and no twink job. All you need to do is get a decent weapon and you can fear kite in toilet paper if needed.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

it's gonna be a slow ride either way

monk's probably the best. sk can solo but it's slow as hell. warrior can solo but it's slow as hell. ranger can solo but it's slow as hell. rogue can't solo.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's gonna be a slow ride either way

monk's probably the best. sk can solo but it's slow as hell. warrior can solo but it's slow as hell. ranger can solo but it's slow as hell. rogue can't solo.
How are you soloing faster on a monk than an SK?

Pussy-fisted( the only thing monks can solo on) mobs stop giving exp in your early fifties, the same time the exp grind goes into maximum overdrive.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar monk probably easiest. Save up like 1kp and you can get decent weapons and armor (sans haste) with wu sticks or staff, azure sleeves, tar goo strands, 4/45 hp rings...monk is just so easy to gear. With mend you'll have lower down time, plus fd at 17 you can get out sticky situations, and you can make some macros to bind wound in combat. SKs don't get any spells until 9,fd until 30. Weapons that are close to monk ratios on sk cost 10x as much.

Obviously if you have more plat to spend you can twink a monk more...made 1-45 solo on my monk in roughly 45 hours played with cof and fungi, and this was when they had a 20% penalty

Also I still solo a lot for xp on my 59 monk, decently geared but no raid gear (unless you consider hot armor raid gear.) Still make 4-5% an hour in 59 which I don't think is bad for 59, quadruple hell.
Last edited by Lojik; 06-11-2016 at 10:42 PM..
Old 06-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Another +1 for Iksar Monk
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:44 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely monk

I soloed mine 1-50+ and didnt really twink him (read fungi) til mid 30s but that wasnt really necessary yet

Single pulls + bind wound means little downtime
Old 06-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

He said he's new to the freakin server. he's not twinking his char. Monk isnt even in the same zip code as SK if you aren't twinking and even then SKs have infiitely more places to solo throughout there lifetime and overall soloability. Christ I soloed the forglok king on my 50SK pre kunark. A monk would have been raped 20 times over trying that.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Banned

monk
Old 06-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He said he's new to the freakin server. he's not twinking his char. Monk isnt even in the same zip code as SK if you aren't twinking and even then SKs have infiitely more places to solo throughout there lifetime and overall soloability. Christ I soloed the forglok king on my 50SK pre kunark. A monk would have been raped 20 times over trying that.
If he's new to the server monk is 100x the better option. What sk weapon is he gonna use? Let's compare reasonable ratio weapons:
Ebon mace .79 ratio SK...costs 6k
Wu's quivering staff .82 ratio...costs 100p (possibly free from generous people in tunnel.)

Monks also need less ac from equip and have tons of cheap armor options. He can make 1kp easy as a new player either selling bone chips, farming sisters, or farming shralok packs.
Closed Thread