Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys that are complaining with 0 proposed solutions should go into American politics. You'd be some top notch career politicians and make a lot more money than selling your manastone for usd could ever make.
I mean, some of them are putting forward some possible tweaks. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe a slight change to either the spawn timer, or rate. Or keep it the same but give people away to sleep every 24-36 hours.
Someone suggested limiting /list time to 8 hours or something. That would cause faster list turnover and somewhat randomize the recipient, while also not incentivizing being on the list for longer than 8 hours. It might be hard to predict the metagame that will result from changes like this, but it's probably worth discussing.
Last edited by Videri; 11-14-2019 at 01:10 AM..
Old 11-14-2019, 01:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys that are complaining with 0 proposed solutions should go into American politics. You'd be some top notch career politicians and make a lot more money than selling your manastone for usd could ever make.
I don’t need to propose a solution my goal has already been completed. We are 11 pages deep... I got people talking about the issue.

Phase two - I’ll update tomorrow with mana stone drops and estimated total camp times...

The masses are still leveling up... if nothing is done the total camp times will only increase as the queue for /list gets longer each day as more show up... that means more people going for it and passing out...

I’ll provide data let’s see where it goes.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Well I mean don't feel too good cuz we get a 10 page manastone thread every day

Data is good though. Staff likes data
Old 11-14-2019, 01:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would "allow" people to sleep. LOL. All of the healthy people with minimal mental illness don't need someone else to "allow" them to sleep in the first place. We are going to keep coming back to this point which you can't see or refuse to see for some reason.
I am talking about the game mechanics being used as intended. If you are saying, "A sane person wouldn't do that", and also, "I think a sane person wouldn't use the mechanic but lets not change it at all" then that makes no point. Just like when you said, "Using the mechanic is suicide" then, "Lets not change it at all". We are going to keep coming back to this point which you can't see or refuse to see for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a suggestion, sure. Not a good one. Imagine being number one in line at the camp, then all of a sudden 10 random people just woke up from their "6 hour sleep breaks" and now you are number 11. This is just going to create an even larger convoluted mess and will leave everything further and further away from Nilbog's vision than where we are now with the list.
That's fair but like I said. My main point isn't, "I have a perfection solution". It's, "There is a problem and it should be addressed".

Quote:
Propose a real alternative then instead of whining like a little bitch all day. Removing the list is out of the question (see: unpaid staff)
Sounds like you are trying to distract from the issue. Again. I will repeat. My main point was never, "I have a perfect solution that will make everyone happy and it is _______". My point from the start and to the finish is the current method as intended has a consequence of people to remaining awake and vigilant for 60+ hours and that is extremely unhealthy.

Quote:
Silly me though trying to debate realistic solutions with somebody who someone finds time to stay up for 50 hours to stare at a virtual wall on the internet to obtain an item that will marginally improve your gameplay... I am now off to go handle some of these real life obligations now that you may have heard other people talk about from time to time.
I find it so odd. You have called using the current system the same as suicide. You try to demean people using it as well and then turn around and defend it lol.I took time off work to do this. I am going to do it. But I am going to give appropriate feedback as someone who has done it.

I imagine since the devs are looking into it they are going to want feedback from people who did it. And not from people who think it is suicide, and the people who do it are to be demeaned---But then for some reason are happy with it lol.

Quote:

Good luck in there! Don't forget to stretch and stay hydrated. <3
Thanks. I will pass that message to the people in the group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I know we are butting heads on this issue but it is clear we both care about this project.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:32 AM
Kobold

Manastone is a completely nonessential item that a small percentage of players seem to be obsessed with acquiring. It's really not causing any problems in the game beyond those players having to spend a ridiculous amount of time camping the place where it drops, in order to have a chance to loot one.

This is a problem that I don't think deserves much more of the devs' precious time. Any strife its causing is completely self inflicted by those campers.

Best solution to manastone "issues": Don't camp the manastone.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone is a completely nonessential item that a small percentage of players seem to be obsessed with acquiring. It's really not causing any problems in the game beyond those players having to spend a ridiculous amount of time camping the place where it drops, in order to have a chance to loot one.

This is a problem that I don't think deserves much more of the devs' precious time. Any strife its causing is completely self inflicted by the players trying to get one.

Best solution to manastone "issues": Don't camp the manastone.
If you the best solution to the manastone issue is don't camp it. Then it sounds like there is an issue that should be resolved. We aren't talking about a random item that no one wants or cares about.

It is a highly sought after item that will be removed. And not causing any problems yet. If we have people staying up 60+ hours it is only a matter of time until there is a serious real world problem caused from it.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

This is kind of scary considering most of us are probably not already in the best of health, and there’s a large portion of the community that would throw in dangerous substances ( when abused ) to stay awake and alert for that long. Devs need to think about this, seriously. One thing we all have in common is that we’re going to die eventually, so let’s do eachother A favor and discourage that event be caused by mana stone camping.

Can you imagine the news story ? 45 year old man child: death by poopsocking. Ok I kid, but seriously. This list was a good try. I’m not stupid enough to try that camp, but there are plenty of people that are.
Last edited by Natewest1987; 11-14-2019 at 01:43 AM..
Old 11-14-2019, 01:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you the best solution to the manastone issue is don't camp it. Then it sounds like there is an issue that should be resolved. We aren't talking about a random item that no one wants or cares about.

It is a highly sought after item that will be removed. And not causing any problems yet. If we have people staying up 60+ hours it is only a matter of time until there is a serious real world problem caused from it.
Certain items being rare has always been a facet of this game.

Since the item is completely nonessential to advancing any class in the game, I think my simple solution is preferable to bothering the devs and taking their time away from other things.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Certain items being rare has always been a facet of this game.

Since the item is completely nonessential to advancing any class in the game, I think my simple solution is preferable to bothering the devs and taking their time away from other things.
If you are then suggesting they remove it I would agree with that more than the current list. Then at least no one will get hurt trying it. No other camp does that. If I am farming an item I can farm it and when tired go to sleep and pick it up later.

With the /list if you are there for 12 hours, you are suddenly invested 12 hours because if you leave you go to the end of the list. Once you hit 25-35 hours you are no longer thinking straight and the sunken cost fallacy kicks in even more since you are now a whole day in. It is a recipe for bad decisions.

If you are saying they should remove it so they don't have to worry about it. Sure. That is an option. Not my preferred one but it is one. If you are saying, "Don't do it because it's not worth it" and, "Let's keep it the same" then... That doesn't make sense.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:09 AM
Banned

This just in: players upset that a rare item is hard to get. Film at 11
Closed Thread