Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 04:27 PM
Banned

i think it should be much more rare to stop people from camping it like this
Old 11-13-2019, 04:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is this about health? If you're dying of hunger or lack of sleep due to camping a manastone in Everquest in the year 2019 that's just good old natural selection.
Sometimes you need to see/understand the bigger picture. If someone were to die.. we don't just get to sit around and go:

"lol natrual selection bro heuhueheuheuehue"

It will bring bad press to Daybreak and P99... there will be consequences. Maybe even a lawsuit - not saying they would win - but the point is it would bring unwanted exposure to p99.

The /list system is new and unique to p99 - its a staff created rule.. and it alone is already influencing player behavior to camp 40+ hours... or feel "pot commited" when they are in #1 position. If the end result of that is someone dying... that will be bad over all for the p99 community.

I'm just here to document so if it does happen no one can say "who knew... we had no idea something bad could happen..."

'11/12/19 09:24:04 AM --Wuneye has looted a Manastone.--
11/13/19 02:15:00 PM --Lilstun has looted a Manastone.-- '

1 day, 4 hours, 50 minutes and 56 seconds between drops.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

This is why I wait on lists on both servers so I can end up with elf pixels. I get up at 2am Friday call into work and then play until Monday morning where I call in again if I still haven’t got my stone then repeat it again a week later. Going to be so worth it in two years when we merge back to blue with my 12 60s.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

if you think the people that run this server are responsible for the people that play this server's well being you are out to lunch
Old 11-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

would you all trade /list quest in to make manastone area PVP instead??
Old 11-13-2019, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

I’m glad you posted this outside of the bug forum op, so you can see no one outside of a handful of people wants a server that’s flooded with these things. If you’re smart enough to realize your health and life are more important than a fucking manastone, make the smart decision.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m glad you posted this outside of the bug forum op, so you can see no one outside of a handful of people wants a server that’s flooded with these things. If you’re smart enough to realize your health and life are more important than a fucking manastone, make the smart decision.
If this is the case shouldn't they just be removed from the drop? Unless you are agreeing that this isn't good for your health to camp something for over 30 hours and can have dire consequences but then at the same time suggesting we should keep it as is.

It sounds like you agree something needs to change if you agree it is bad for your health to stay away for 30 hours.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you think the people that run this server are responsible for the people that play this server's well being you are out to lunch
Don't think anyone said the staff are directly responsible for players health.

They do have access to data that would show how long someone has been online and if they 1. Did nothing and 2. promoted a system to reward players for staying online and engaged for 50+ hours at a time.. i think they risk being held negligent and possibly liable.

If negative press is directed at Everquest the game because of a p99 50+ hour /list camps... I assure you Daybreak will look at their options to make p99 look like a rogue entity and/or get it shut down...

Is it too much to ask that we don't build systems that reward people for staying in game for 40+ hours consecutively ?
Old 11-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think anyone said the staff are directly responsible for players health.

They do have access to data that would show how long someone has been online and if they 1. Did nothing and 2. promoted a system to reward players for staying online and engaged for 50+ hours at a time.. i think they risk being held negligent and possibly liable.

If negative press is directed at Everquest the game because of a p99 50+ hour /list camps... I assure you Daybreak will look at their options to make p99 look like a rogue entity and/or get it shut down...

Is it too much to ask that we don't build systems that reward people for staying in game for 40+ hours consecutively ?
Just remove the fucking manastone entirely then. No one needs this thing.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just remove the fucking manastone entirely then.
I would support this 100%

Just remove all legacy items and /list
Closed Thread