Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Reminder: MASKS DO NOT WORK

The people not wearing the masks are the actual scientists. I find it quite amazing that people are so set on making others wear masks despite zero evidence for this other than CNN repetition. And if someone else is afraid of the monsters under the bed, isn't it the responsibility of the adults in the room to explain this to them, rather than letting the children run the house?
Old 10-19-2020, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Raev's post just made me decide to kill myself.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reminder: MASKS DO NOT WORK

The people not wearing the masks are the actual scientists. I find it quite amazing that people are so set on making others wear masks despite zero evidence for this other than CNN repetition. And if someone else is afraid of the monsters under the bed, isn't it the responsibility of the adults in the room to explain this to them, rather than letting the children run the house?
If masks were effective, would it be proper to enforce wearing them under penalty of law?

Tell us what part of the spectrum ur on
Old 10-19-2020, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik
Raev's post just made me decide to kill myself.
Don't be afraid of Science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If masks were effective, would it be proper to enforce wearing them under penalty of law?
The law enforces all sorts of safety measures, like seat belts, various safety warnings, window exits in case of fire, etc. If masks actually worked, and COVID was more dangerous than the flu, I'd be happy to wear one, and if it was really dangerous I would support mandatory masking. I have no problem doing something nice for my neighbors as long as their request isn't rooted in a propaganda-driven hallucination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell us what part of the spectrum ur on
Somewhere in the Yellow / Green area.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who threatened to arrest you danth?
In two cases local police, in the third cases county sheriff's deputy.

All three cases specifically indicated something to the effect of "if you don't put on a mask we can arrest you (albeit once was somewhat jokingly)." Two cases were on private property (businesses) and I de-escalated the issue merely by agreeing to leave. The third was on public property and some timid woman apparently called and complained. In that specific case I knew the officer who responded and he knew I used to be a LEO so he sort of went through the motions to put on public face before leaving me to continue on my way.

Anyhow, I'm not attempting to debate you, here, on the merits of masks or the danger of corona, only making a correction to the point you claimed. I'll let you know if I end up actually being arrested over it--right now it feels about 50/50 within the next few months. The wife says she saw one man in Wooster actually get arrested for it, but I believe he was later released without charge.

Danth
Old 10-19-2020, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Either the entire planet is wrong and it’s a hoax designed to dupe rednecks, or the rednecks are wrong

Tough call. Also, don’t pull the american exceptionalism BS. Half of us have to work ever harder to keep the rest of you on insulin and off opioids. Do better and get smarter. Believe science, the Bible, and most importantly, stop being rednecks
Old 10-19-2020, 05:41 PM
Banned

The entire planet is not an authoritative body; most people are stupid. If the entire planet were to arrive at a consensus about something, it would almost certainly be wrong.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:42 PM
Banned

Also the WHO is woefully biased and influenced; see the rep /q'ing when asked about Taiwan
Old 10-19-2020, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

A 2017 legal contract found on Hunter Biden's laptop reveals a former Chinese official agreed to pay Biden a $1 million retainer just to offer advice on retaining other law firms in U.S. The Chinese official was convicted the next year of paying bribes in unrelated deal.

Incoming "LOOK A SQUIRREL!" stories to distract from the Hunter Biden emails.

If this sees the light, it's gonna sink Joe, and rightfully so.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also the WHO is woefully biased and influenced; see the rep /q'ing when asked about Taiwan
To be fair, that question is better phrased as "would you like to ruin your relationship with China for no good reason?". Their mission is promoting global health, not satisfying your political appetites.
Closed Thread