Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hi guys. LF People to play and lvl with!

Hi guys, just recently found out about project 1999 after disconnecting from EQ1 shortly after GoD expansion. Pleased to see there's quite a few intrested in the oldskool mmo feeling EQ brought with it and even though graphics-wise it's way behind on anything on the market atm.. at the same time the experience it brings and the social factor from EQ1 is something I've carried for me for almost 16 years now ( started in 1999 ) and there's nothing that even comes close to what it gave me back then.
Basicly, I'm happy to get a 2nd chance at this game and I'm firmly looking for people to meet inside the game and lvl up / chat and have fun together.
My ingame name is probably going to be "Absenth" and I'm still trying to consider if i should make a SK or a rogue. Any hints / points or combos or just friendinvites through forums would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards, Abs
Old 05-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome Aboard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think I would wait on the SK until Velious comes out. There is what is called a Hybrid Penalty on here.

A Warrior on some and most races gets a 10% bonus for leveling and a class like a SK Iksar, Troll get a 68% penalty against them. But a Ogre SK, gets a 40% penalty like most all Hybrids get. Ranger, Pally, SK, Bard fall into the 40% thingy. Confusing I know. When Velious comes out the Hybrid penalty will drop after a few months. The 40%. But the Racial penalty will still stay. So a Troll SK will still have a 28% penalty even in Velious. Even a Iksar Monk now has a 44% penalty on them compared to a 20% on a Human Monk.

I am sure I have confused more new people than helped lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This might be better to figure out. http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...e_Class_Matrix

But it still comes down to just play the class you want to play not what is the easiest or most needed etc. Your the one that has to play it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome Aboard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think I would wait on the SK until Velious comes out. There is what is called a Hybrid Penalty on here.

A Warrior on some and most races gets a 10% bonus for leveling and a class like a SK Iksar, Troll get a 68% penalty against them. But a Ogre SK, gets a 40% penalty like most all Hybrids get. Ranger, Pally, SK, Bard fall into the 40% thingy. Confusing I know. When Velious comes out the Hybrid penalty will drop after a few months. The 40%. But the Racial penalty will still stay. So a Troll SK will still have a 28% penalty even in Velious. Even a Iksar Monk now has a 44% penalty on them compared to a 20% on a Human Monk.

I am sure I have confused more new people than helped lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This might be better to figure out. http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...e_Class_Matrix

But it still comes down to just play the class you want to play not what is the easiest or most needed etc. Your the one that has to play it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The penalty isn't additive silly or so I've heard... The Troll/Iksar race penalty is 20%... 15% for Orges
Old 05-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't let xp penalty scare you off. EQ is about the journey, settle in for a long ride regardless of your class/race choice. At the end of the day play the character that the playstyle most appeals to you.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catashe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The penalty isn't additive silly or so I've heard... The Troll/Iksar race penalty is 20%... 15% for Orges
If that is the case then how is it that right now that a Troll Iksar SK has a 68% penalty??

Take 40% off for the Hybrid, math does not add up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Kobold

the penalties are multiplicative... (1 + .40) * (1 + .20) = 1.68.. Knock off the 1 from the answer and you get your combined penalty
Old 05-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Cheers for the replies guys. Still unsure which class to go for. Im mainly looking for a class to play which gets groups. Considering enchanter or monk or ranger or rogue. Kinda buried the idea of going sk for the time being. Racial penalties dont really worry me much. I generally take the race i think i think looks best. The journey to 50 is fun.. but once u hit that the game isnt over. Ive got all the time in the world playing casual and combining it with real life. Kids n wife etc.. hardcore raiddays are a thing of the past for me. ( casual raiding would be cool still ). Although getting my epic completed one day ( doesnt matter which class i eventually take ) is still a goal for me as well.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Aviak

Seems to be more trolls shadowknights at 60 then warriors.
May just be people min/maxing Ogre Warrior frontal stun immunities though.

Roll what you want, but anything troll is awesome.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

/nod

Play whatever you want to play.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Large Rat

I'd be interested in helping if I would settle down on a class ( currently deciding between bard, warrior, or magician) and if my schedule wasn't so screwed up lol. (Schedule is pretty much most days of the week past 5PM CST aka 3PM PST aka 6PM EST, unless weekends)
Closed Thread