Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point is the people who are screaming for Velious are often loaded with excuses as to why they can't beta test. When the beta server was announced everyone effectively went quiet... because rather than whining about wanting Velious they could now beta test.

Guess how many did? Not many outside of guild events. Now suddenly because it's pushed back to August that sense of entitlement is creeping back again. I've donated to the server but I fail to see how that's relevant.

If you can't and won't wait til August, head to Kegz and chums on Epicemu - where there's apparently still a bunch of broken quests, mobs walking around that shouldn't be in Velious and etc etc. Your posts would be subject to much tighter moderation there though so bear that in mind before you start firing shots.
I honestly don't care if Velious is released tomorrow or in 2 years. I'm as casual of a player as you can find so you're very mistaken. I will likely never experience any Velious content and could never offer any benefit by beta testing (thus donating is my only way to contribute).

My point was that the timeline here is anything but classic (and that's fine and perfectly understandable) - so its seemingly unnecessary to push this out 2 additional months for no other reason than to be "classic" when you're 3+ years behind "classic" (this is assuming that the penalty is ready to be removed at any time as they stated in their announcement stream I believe). As many have stated - the penalty was one of the more stupid things Everquest ever had - and it has unfortunately prevented several of my friends from playing the game more than about a week due to their affinity for paladins/rangers.
Last edited by Plaidpants; 05-06-2015 at 12:42 PM..
Old 05-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Orc

n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaidpants [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dumb reply is dumb.

It doesn't make sense - and it perfectly ok to point that out. The timeline isn't classic or remotely close (and their reasoning for not implementing it at launch is driven by a classic timeline goal) and I don't see how anyone could begin to debate that.
Yea... those mother fucking P99 devs getting paid all their phat stacks of cash from our, the communities payments and donations... and they want to release the updates in accordance with their own schedule.

HOW DARE THEY!!!

You have opened my eyes PlaidPants... you truly have... :|

If this were come crazy alternate universe where the Devs DIDN'T get paid, then your argument might not hold much water. But since these guys get paid, then... wait what??? excuse, a gnome is here.... "Yes... hmmmHhhmmm, I see..." PlaidPants... i've got some bad news friend.

And also. Its a private server. I know, I know... you've read that time and time again... But you still don't seem to get it.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletCatcher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
n

Yea... those mother fucking P99 devs getting paid all their phat stacks of cash from our, the communities payments and donations... and they want to release the updates in accordance with their own schedule.

HOW DARE THEY!!!

You have opened my eyes PlaidPants... you truly have... :|

If this were come crazy alternate universe where the Devs DIDN'T get paid, then your argument might not hold much water. But since these guys get paid, then... wait what??? excuse, a gnome is here.... "Yes... hmmmHhhmmm, I see..." PlaidPants... i've got some bad news friend.

And also. Its a private server. I know, I know... you've read that time and time again... But you still don't seem to get it.
Do you even English?
Old 05-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Large Rat

I fail to see how BulletCatcher and Swish are unable to see that Plaidpants is not attacking the Devs, not attacking the server, nor being truly critical with regard to the staff or setup by asking a simple question. It was stated that the exp penalty being removed is ready to go, but they wish to hold it off until 2-3 months post velious release to keep true to classic. That being said, he is simply questioning why something like this should be held off to remain classic when there are several examples of things being implemented and timelines followed that were not classic. I feel it is a valid question and is in no way demeaning to the staff or server. What is demeaning to the server is getting offended by the fact that someone brings up a valid point about something that is not logically sound. Do I care either way about penalties being removed? No I do not. But I don't see why Plaidpants should be subject to ridicule for making a valid point. lol :-P
Old 05-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Velious is actually launched in August, then the xp penalties would not dissapear until Christmas? That is very far away!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope it wouldn't be that long.. On Live.. Velious launched in December and they announced in the following Jan that they were removing the penalties... So what 2 or 3 months? If that? So if they follow the timeline... October? Sure its a long time but at least it will finally get removed..

By the looks of the old patch notes, the penalties got removed on Jan 17th 2001 and Velious Launched on Dec 6th 2000... So thats what? 42 days after Velious launch?
Last edited by Catashe; 05-06-2015 at 02:11 PM..
Old 05-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Orc

its the apparent entitlement attitude that Plaid believes his ideas are the best and should be implemented. The current state of things doesn't meet his / her wants. Plaid doesn't seem to understand this aint about him/her. Its about the community as a whole.

Parent's are supposed to tell teach their kids to not be entitled unappreciative little pricks. The devs here at P99 have put in great amounts of time and energy for P99 to be successful, and it is. THen some prick walks in with his initially humble sounding suggestion, but then it becomes a little more rude and entitled with each reply. Things are they way they for a reason. P99 wasn't waiting for some great developer foretold in the original text files of P99 day zero.

P99 will release what it wants when it wants. Be happy that P99 exists. All other EMU servers seem to be bot havens, solo play, and all around ezMode.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletCatcher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its the apparent entitlement attitude that Plaid believes his ideas are the best and should be implemented. The current state of things doesn't meet his / her wants. Plaid doesn't seem to understand this aint about him/her. Its about the community as a whole.

Parent's are supposed to tell teach their kids to not be entitled unappreciative little pricks. The devs here at P99 have put in great amounts of time and energy for P99 to be successful, and it is. THen some prick walks in with his initially humble sounding suggestion, but then it becomes a little more rude and entitled with each reply. Things are they way they for a reason. P99 wasn't waiting for some great developer foretold in the original text files of P99 day zero.

P99 will release what it wants when it wants. Be happy that P99 exists. All other EMU servers seem to be bot havens, solo play, and all around ezMode.
Actually - the only asshat in this thread has been you. Did I ever say I wasn't appreciative? Just because I didn't get on my knees and begin to suck cock in my post doesn't mean I'm entitled and don't enjoy the server. Maybe I should preface every post on this forum with something along the lines of "All hail Nilbog - Please have my babies. You are the alpha and omega. I pledge my life to you". Would that suffice or would I need to do more to the please the sheep on here?

But apparently - by pointing out something that is very much true - I have been come an entitled prick who hates the P99 community, devs and creator.

Now - run along and unrustle your jimmies.
Last edited by Plaidpants; 05-06-2015 at 02:26 PM..
Old 05-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaidpants [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All hail Nilbog - Please have my babies and you can do no wrong. I pledge my life to you.
Now you get it.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

imo they are holding back on the hybrid exp penalty removal and what ever other updates because this is something in the timeline that they can keep classic. Yes, of course the timeline now is not what it was, but they weren't able to release Velious in that time frame. They are controlling what they can control.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

27 Ranger LFG
what? too soon?
Closed Thread