Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-26-2022, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think he will roll an alt and rejoin vanquish and hide like Eisley did
Eh, I doubt it. The difference is, Vanquish had no clue why they disliked me, they were just influenced by a small group with a bizarre obsession with me.

With them off my back, I was able to play for months with no incident whatsoever, as I don't normally attract this sort of vitriol like some others do.

Can we really see UCF doing that successfully?
Old 08-26-2022, 03:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking generally, competition does feel better overall compared to roll/rotations, because having to compete imbues all of the sought-after items with memorable stories. So when the player is standing staring at a wall looking over their inventory, it isn't just a sheet of stats but a more personal collage of encounters. That said, when the competitive memories connected to those items are all terrible and make any sane person question why they even log on, roll/rotations are without question superior.
I love your description of a collage of memories, that's really what it is. If you feel your collage of memories are all terrible, maybe another server is more suited for you. I know a lot of people here cherish their collages, regardless of if their memories are with Riot, Vanquish, TMO, Awakened, Aftermath, etc. I think those collages are valuable because they weren't just given to them on a quarterly basis. I'm convinced they wouldn't care if it was just given to them after waiting in line long enough for the pixel train to choo-choo through.

Again though, I completely agree about cheating (accidently forgot to quote on the previous post). I also think there is probably one or two guilds/groups that should probably be dismantled/purged because of this, but that is a GM issue and above our pay grade.
Old 08-26-2022, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He used to QQ about competition back in bda and claimin to be a pvp god. then got caught ringin his toon on best of the best not much else.
Please show me where I ever claimed to be a "PVP god"? Spoiler alert: You can't, because I never did. Never played on a PVP server. I don't PVP. I don't even like PVP. The closest I've ever come to PVP is accidentally riposting someone while they were trying to hammer off me. Quit making shit up.

If you haven't figured out for the last 20+ years on Live, Blue, and Green... I roleplay The Shoveler. That's how I enjoy the game. Roleplaying the most incompetent superhero ever with a 4/27 weapon, helping out newbies in Crushbone or wherever. I never claimed to be anything else. When I decided to join the BOTB, I joined it as a funny opportunity to roleplay a pacifist trying to convince my fellow rangers that we were all turned against each other by Innoruuk and we should lay down our weapons. While I got my ass beat. I sent a /tell to my opponent to play along, but he just wailed on me while I was doing my roleplay thing. No biggie, made it even more hilarious!

If you don't see the humor in that, I don't know what to tell you. I thought it was amusing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regarding "competition" and QQing about it back in BDA: Everquest Blue and Green are PVE. Player vs. Environment. The players here have made it about "competing" against other players somehow like it's an Olympic sport, pounding their chests over their prowess at outmaneuvering their opponents, creating zerg forces, monopolizing raid targets, entire raid zones, or wtfever... which is laughable because the real competition would be PVP over on Red. My point is that they shy away from actual competition in an environment which they would have additional opportunity to outplay their opponents. So the point stands that they don't want actual competition.

We QQ because a subset of players have decided for the rest of us how the game should be played, and what the barrier of entry should be... and then tell us to go play a TLP if we don't like it. Are these players donating more so their voice counts more? What's giving this meritocracy the power to dictate to the rest of us what the raid scene has to be like? Why does everyone scream at me when I suggest the next server could be a casual-friendly rotation server, while those who want to compete can continue to do so on existing servers. Or, maybe it makes more sense to start rotating content on Blue or Green and the new server can be a fresh competitive server to make everyone happy.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 08-26-2022, 03:32 PM
Aviak

Allishya it’s futile to argue with idiots. Onlookers can’t tell who’s the fool. Insert observational comment here : if you were able to time travel and brought an airplane to let’s say 1400 a.d. the science at the time would have little to explain it’s ability to work. Some smart people might be able to extrapolate the how it works but not be able to replicate it with their current technology level. Fast forward to p99 2022. “ bunch of cheaters scripting mofos. Ban then ban them “ (accused cheaters “ all we did was practice running and seeing the shortest route to go man those casuals must be living in the dark ages. Probably flat earthers”

Klazdaxthun
Old 08-26-2022, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want to raid, join a raid guild and have a fair shot, zero chance in those casual dkp stacked officer guilds, you might get a scrap here or there but you can bet your butt the good stuff is going to officer/leader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in kittens only 1 of the top 20 DKP holders is an officer right now.
Old 08-26-2022, 03:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does everyone scream at me when I suggest the next server could be a casual-friendly rotation server, while those who want to compete can continue to do so on existing servers. Or, maybe it makes more sense to start rotating content on Blue or Green and the new server can be a fresh competitive server to make everyone happy.
That's an interesting idea. Have Green merge to Blue and let Blue be the FFA server. Green 2.0 can be fully rotated server and people can decide on the playstyle/server they prefer. I don't see why this is problematic, but I'm sure I'm missing something.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in kittens only 1 of the top 20 DKP holders is an officer right now.
Well the draft has been on for a while now so I'm sure they spent all that stacked hot dkp already lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am just picking, I wasn't calling out any specific guild, just that if you want to raid, simply join a guild that has that as their main focus. Don't join a family guild and expect top tier content to just magically appear...
Old 08-26-2022, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

When klaz comes to white knight for you, you have fallen. Rip Alli aka toxigen.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When klaz comes to white knight for you, you have fallen. Rip Alli aka toxigen.
Rofl just you wait Mr, it's almost 5 and I'll be off work soon and I'm going to get you some how! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2022, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...I'm sure they spent all that stacked hot dkp already lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ...
And this is why you're not some sweet angel of the server. You're just as much of a piece of shit as all the other outwardly toxic assholes. Because you agree with them and think like they do you just do your best to hide it.

Punching down on kittens why? Because you think you're better than they are? Because you can no-life sock dragons for 8, 12, 16 hours at a time? But lets be real you rely on others in your guild to do the real socking.

Being a no life piece of shit does not make you better than anyone else. Keep inhaling all that copium that allows you to sleep at night. You're just another garbage person from a guild filled with garbage people.