Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 10-25-2022, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Those who are saying no, everything is fine, etc. I'm curious why? Wouldn't you rather do something else with your time than sit for up to 7 hours waiting for something to pop that odds are against you winning?

I'm genuinely asking - not trying to be snotty or argumentative.
Old 10-25-2022, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those who are saying no, everything is fine, etc. I'm curious why? Wouldn't you rather do something else with your time than sit for up to 7 hours waiting for something to pop that odds are against you winning?

things are good way it is, sorry you dont got, hope that helps.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Roll at the start of the window would make winning angry way harder not easier. The terrible stare at a wall roll as horrible and annoying it is keeps the numbers or people willing to attend each roll lower. If it was roll at start of window it would be far more people rolling
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 10-25-2022, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Because rolling against 20-30 ppl is easier than rolling against 100ppl. If you don't think the number of people rolling would at least double if it was roll at start of window your naive
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 10-25-2022, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because rolling against 20-30 ppl is easier than rolling against 100ppl. If you don't think the number of people rolling would at least double if it was roll at start of window your naive
Hi Fox!

Not naive, was just curious. Thanks for the response! I now understand that generally speaking folks who have time/inclination to roll under current agreement prefer it because it keeps numbers down. Not an unreasonable perspective even if I'd make a different choice.

Thanks for the insight!
Old 10-25-2022, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

There's a lot of problems with the proposal and yeah having it be more crowded is a big one.

Other negatives: Eventually (probably more often than you think) someone will win and then not be available 7 hours later or whenever it spawns. Then what? Back to roll on spawn? Then what's even the point of more rules.

Also: There is no accountability for the winner actually having the report to skargus/the needed faction. This can and will cause massive issues. I've seen more times i can count at scout roll people either forgetting the scout tools or forgetting they lost faction sometime. Why introduce risk for no reason?
Old 10-26-2022, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

There will be an increase of people rolling for their guildmates, because which of the roll loosers is going to sit around for the entire window just to check that the winner actually does the turn in / looting.

What about the reporting of when the start of the next window starts, who decides exactly what second the following roll starts at, and where is this information shared. A lot of variables that will lead to people missing the next roll and rightly complaining that its not fair.

Have to agree with Foxplay above... you will see a LOT more people rolling.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

If we gonna change anything get rid of scout rolls. Make it so you can sell loot rights. Make scout great again .
Old 10-28-2022, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

nah
Old 10-28-2022, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah
Spacepope might finally get one