Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: When did you decide to quit EQ live?
Ruins of Kunark 10 2.54%
Scars of Velious 12 3.05%
Shadows of Luclin 50 12.72%
The Planes of Power 60 15.27%
The Legacy of Ykesha 55 13.99%
LDoN and beyond 206 52.42%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default That moment when you decided to quit EQ live

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know the guild management, bank slots, and armor dyes were nice additions, but I could not stand seeing Frogloks as playable races. Kicking the trolls out of Grobb and sending them to live with the Dark Elves? A few new crappy zones? I began to lose interest in the game, and could not bring myself to log in anymore. WoW was released not long after LoY dropped, and started playing there for many years.

When was the moment you decided to stop playing EQ live?
Old 07-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

When I logged on and realized I was so far behind everyone I knew that all I did was sit in newbie zones and chat with friends while they did stuff in game. I also started to become interested in interacting with people in the real world. Later I realized that I was so shy I couldn't even order my own food at restaurants. Getting away from EQ sort of helped in that regard because I could concentrate on improving myself rather than be distracted by all the things you could do in the game.

I play a lot differently now than I did before. I can actually talk to total strangers without having them talk to me first now. Improvement!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Last edited by Sorn; 07-10-2015 at 03:32 PM..
Old 07-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also started to become interested in interacting with people in the real world. Later I realized that I was so shy I couldn't even order my own food at restaurants.
As someone who started playing EQ in their "awkward teen years" I have to agree.

Glad I quit in high school and never got into WoW.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kicking the trolls out of Grobb and sending them to live with the Dark Elves?
Old 07-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha, perfect!
Old 07-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have started and stopped playing EQ on live servers many times over the years since first joining in autumn 1999. One of the times I returned was actually to start playing a froglok wizard (which I loved and stuck with after that).

For me the last truly good expansion was Seeds of Destruction(SoD) which tied up most (if not all) of the loose GoD and OoW Lore ends. The entire Discord element finally made sense (to me at least).

So I finally stopped raiding altogether halfway through the Underfoot expansion (that came after SoD), since I simply couldn't stomach many of new WoWified silly looking NPC graphics - and the Lore was attrocious also (and imo that only got worse in the following expansions).

In retrospect I suppose that the introduction of all the random dropping Defiant armor/weapons sometimes during Secrets of Faydwer(which came before SoD) was a pretty major nail in the coffin as far as content that wasn't of current endgame level goes.

These days I can't see myself ever returning to the live servers - not even for their TLP servers(which is a concept that I really like otherwise) - since EQlive simply no longer looks or plays anything like the EQ I loved and want to play.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

AAs did it for me - I did not want to grind ANYMORE and I had college approaching....

felt it was best to run away from the game before I started to grind any AAs at all bc I knew where that would have lead...
Old 07-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

In LDoN all the dungeons were a mixed bag of hallways that connected and I realized I wanted dungeons that I went down into.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Luclin murdered my framerate.

PoP (PoK in particular) murdered the world feeling.

LDoN murdered the community.

GoD murdered everything else in the game.

Wasn't one specific thing, but the combination of all four of those was more than enough. A finished (and optimized) Luclin and a PoP without PoK would probably have been the perfect EQ game. There was no getting back from the damage of LDoN and GoD though.
Closed Thread