Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

offering 10k for pre-nerf CoS
Old 05-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol flippers are saying it's worth 40k now
Feel sorry for the people actually falling for this crap. Even worse for those who get scammed into trading for "equally valuable" items.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

I'd say pre-nerf CoS is worth 31.4k.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:24 PM
Kobold

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. There's no regulations setting prices around here, it's all free market. Someone wants to buy a CoS for 40k? That's what it's worth.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. There's no regulations setting prices around here, it's all free market. Someone wants to buy a CoS for 40k? That's what it's worth.
So if I auction it for 100k tomorrow, does that mean someone wants to pay 100k for it? Oh snap, Imma get rich! Free market, hells to to the yeah! Why stop there?! 200k!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I auction it for 100k tomorrow, does that mean someone wants to pay 100k for it? Oh snap, Imma get rich! Free market, hells to to the yeah! Why stop there?! 200k!
Yeah sure, let's pretend that's what I said. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 05-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah sure, let's pretend that's what I said. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just made the point that just because someone auctions "WTS pre-nerf CoS 40k" does not mean that's suddenly what people pay for it.

The pre-nerf CoS is in a weird place. It used to have such high status on live and the EC fat cats are dying to make that happen on P99. More than one of these EC flippers have been confirmed to log on different characters to auction the same items just to manipulate wiki pricing logs.

So rather than taking the road of compliance and coughing up unreasonable amounts of plat for an overfarmed item I rather spread the word it is still easily attainable.
Closed Thread