Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 01:34 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HI!
*cums*
Old 04-26-2020, 01:35 PM
Banned

Just a little update from our resident health experts.

Listen to how hard the media shills try to paint him into a political corner. Very telling.

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU
Old 04-26-2020, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a little update from our resident health experts.

Listen to how hard the media shills try to paint him into a political corner. Very telling.

https://youtu.be/xfLVxx_lBLU
TLDROW i skipped through and only watched a 1:30 second clip of that diatribe however

I just vaccinated half my family and the va lol. so u can thank me later for being a silent shedder even tho i passed the 'asymptomatic' stage

anyway i agree that its impossible to shut down the economy without some form of stupid communism, not going to work, so just go out there and live ur lives, be healthy, eat plenty fava beans, enjoy some soy milk, and do some planks
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-26-2020 at 02:15 PM..
Old 04-26-2020, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Myth 1. Contact Tracing. First off, this virus can spread in the asymptomatic phase and you can't start contact tracing until some presents with the disease, so its usefulness is blunted from the beginning. Second, our public health system did not have enough trained personnel to do all the contact tracing work for other diseases before coronavirus--where are we getting the actual people trained to do contact tracing?

Myth 2. Antibody testing. So the idea is we just give people an antibody test and if they are positive than they are immune and safe to be moving about. Sounds great, right? Except we don't have a good idea of what these tests mean with regards to immunity. First problem, false positives. Many of these tests cross react with antibodies raised by your body against non-COVID19 coronaviruses that you have been exposed to in your life. Second problem, without a vaccinated control group that we know is immune, we don't know where to set the threshold of the test to claim immunity and this varies for every disease. We have no idea what a positive on these tests actually means in terms of immunity.

Myth 3. Herd immunity. Viruses evolve. Every person that gets infected is an experiment for the virus. It makes billions of copies of itself and everyone has a chance to be a new mutant that will evade any herd immunity that has been acquired and will start spreading freely again. If we let this virus just burn through our country, everything we know about viral evolution tells us that it will evolve variants that can reinfect those that are currently immune. This is one of the reasons for keeping the global case count low, until a vaccine can be developed. But once a few major variants develop, than it is likely to mean a new permanent human disease and a very different and worse problem for the world.

Myth 4. Treatments. Viruses are not alive and that makes them very hard to "kill". The simplest bacteria that we have discovered has to do nearly 200 biochemical and biophysical reactions to stay alive. Many of those reactions can be targeted specifically (without hurting our cells) with drugs to kill the bacteria and that is why we have so many effective antibiotics. Do you know how many biochemical and biophysical reactions a virus needs to do in the environment? Zero. That is why it is not alive. It is inert. Understand that drugs to treat this disease will only reduce symptoms. That may save lives, but people will still be in hospitals and on ventilators. The likelihood of a magic cure is very remote. Cures for most viruses don't exist, vaccines however do, which must be taken as a preventative measure. We are really good at making those and we will, it just takes time.
The current thinking within the scientific community (that I'm hearing from at least) is that, by the end of June, more than a few metropolitan areas in the U.S. will be at NYC levels during its peak. Atlanta may be one of them, based on how the general population is responding.

Quote:
My fellow Watkinsville citizens:

These have been uncertain times, but I believe it is time to turn off the television and all the distractions in the media and get back to the basics.

Our parents and grandparents worked thru tougher times than these: World War II, the Great Depression. Even the Great Recession challenged us over a decade ago beyond our comfortable existence.

I have the utmost faith in the creativity, ingenuity, and perseverance of the citizens of this city to return to work safely and effectively to serve others and provide for their families.

Fearless fire fighters and police officers ran into burning buildings on Sept. 11, 2001.

Soldiers walked onto the battlefield with bombs flying overhead during multiple wars to protect our freedoms.

It's now time for us to emerge from our homes and utilize smart, common-sense safe distance practices and resume our lives.

It is imperative for our emotional, spiritual, physical, and economic health.

I encourage you to get outdoors and exercise. Go to work. Earn a living. Assemble to worship. And be grateful for every day we have.

Because life is a gift.

Let's not waste it continuing to sit at home, looking at four walls.

As those brave Americans said on Flight 91 over Pennsylvania on Sept. 11, 2001, LETS ROLL!

Your Mayor,
Bob Smith
Old 04-26-2020, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Why is the virus only really affecting white countries? Really makes u think (that Iran must be white too) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2020, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is the virus only really affecting white countries? Really makes u think (that Iran must be white too) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cute :P

It's a good question though. I have heard rumors that malarial-resistant populations are resistant to flu manchu - for instance there are some African places with zero cases - and I don't follow why that would protect from corona. I don't know much about malarial resistance factors, so stop me early if u want lol.

Now, the immune system is a neat engine which seeks to recognize, and then remember, highly-specific patterns on the surfaces of enemy biomaterial. It does literally act by recognizing patterns of atoms & molecules on the surface of things it decides deserve death, and creating little chemical "keys" which will stick right to the dang surface of brother virus, perfectly contoured to fit his nose with not one atom amiss. Then it straps napalm to the keys and throws them into your system anytime the registered pattern is detected. So if it is an immune response protecting these jungle folk, then we would expect to see structures from Malaria present on Flu Manchu. Which makes me really paranoid about a spliced virus, okay:

The sort of virus we are capable of making in a lab is a splicing together of multiple organisms' genetic code. We can pretty freely play with adding to the genomes of things; our limitation is that we cannot actually write original proteins yet because we haven't learnt predictively how to fold them. So, we have the level editor, not the dev kit, on viruses.* It should actually be pretty simple to check the published COVID19 genome against genomes of some popular diseases, maybe see if we have some Malarial proteins' codons lifted and spliced into some other identifiable highly-contagious viral package's payload.

[The example frankenstein lab virus, to clarify above paragraph^, is something like -- take the common cold's packaging proteins, but put in there whatever proteins it is that totally JACK you in smallpox. Now u have a smallpox virus with a new route of infection like a cold's. (Sort of, i'm just saying.)]

Not sure if anyone has conducted this simple analysis just yet on the genome. But like actually, if this were an accidental bioweapon leak, a person ought to could see that the virus was of highly suspect origin by this method pretty easily, I think. I don't think the Chinese can author original proteins.

*gnarly huh
Last edited by Sibelia1; 04-26-2020 at 06:13 PM..
Old 04-26-2020, 06:22 PM
Banned

Viruses probably more dangerous than nukes with some crazy person thinking they can design and control them without collateral damage and long term pollution.. It's like thinking we could get away with it...

Yes I wholeheartedly believe this one was engineered. My keen chemically enhanced intuition feels so.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibelia1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cute :P

It's a good question though. I have heard rumors that malarial-resistant populations are resistant to flu manchu - for instance there are some African places with zero cases - and I don't follow why that would protect from corona. I don't know much about malarial resistance factors, so stop me early if u want lol.

Now, the immune system is a neat engine which seeks to recognize, and then remember, highly-specific patterns on the surfaces of enemy biomaterial. It does literally act by recognizing patterns of atoms & molecules on the surface of things it decides deserve death, and creating little chemical "keys" which will stick right to the dang surface of brother virus, perfectly contoured to fit his nose with not one atom amiss. Then it straps napalm to the keys and throws them into your system anytime the registered pattern is detected. So if it is an immune response protecting these jungle folk, then we would expect to see structures from Malaria present on Flu Manchu. Which makes me really paranoid about a spliced virus, okay:

The sort of virus we are capable of making in a lab is a splicing together of multiple organisms' genetic code. We can pretty freely play with adding to the genomes of things; our limitation is that we cannot actually write original proteins yet because we haven't learnt predictively how to fold them. So, we have the level editor, not the dev kit, on viruses.* It should actually be pretty simple to check the published COVID19 genome against genomes of some popular diseases, maybe see if we have some Malarial proteins' codons lifted and spliced into some other identifiable highly-contagious viral package's payload.

[The example frankenstein lab virus, to clarify above paragraph^, is something like -- take the common cold's packaging proteins, but put in there whatever proteins it is that totally JACK you in smallpox. Now u have a smallpox virus with a new route of infection like a cold's. (Sort of, i'm just saying.)]

Not sure if anyone has conducted this simple analysis just yet on the genome. But like actually, if this were an accidental bioweapon leak, a person ought to could see that the virus was of highly suspect origin by this method pretty easily, I think. I don't think the Chinese can author original proteins.

*gnarly huh
lol
Old 04-26-2020, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
shut up i took a drug
Old 04-26-2020, 06:31 PM
Banned

This is basically the viral work that has been done using CRISPR to target cancers. Someone aimed it at a certain phenom of human sub populations with specific environmental factors that cause people to express specific characteristics. Gg.

You don't know how genetic engineering works sibella doll. Ps don't ignore me.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-26-2020 at 06:38 PM..
Closed Thread