Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 08-24-2022, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your strategy for the clerics is off. Kaesora is god tier charm XP til you get your HS key.

Necro w/ half a brain is Kaesora ---> CoM ---> HS/KC to 60.
What’s the best way to do it? Use a melee mob and keep cleric rooted for charm break? What I do is root the cleric while my pet is fighting, at low HP break charm, root old pet and nuke cleric. It only doesn’t work when root breaks. But it seems to stop cleric from healing itself—— but it does heal my broken pet
Old 08-24-2022, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the best way to do it? Use a melee mob and keep cleric rooted for charm break? What I do is root the cleric while my pet is fighting, at low HP break charm, root old pet and nuke cleric. It only doesn’t work when root breaks. But it seems to stop cleric from healing itself—— but it does heal my broken pet
Pet cleric first. It won’t heal. Break and undead nuke before it gets a heal off. Always pet healers first.

Also hungry earth is surprisingly pretty efficient. And gets better as you level. I used this to kill most low hp mobs until I got deflux at 54 and would mix in splurt as needed by then too.
Last edited by Crede; 08-24-2022 at 02:51 PM..
Old 08-24-2022, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet cleric first. It won’t heal. Break and undead nuke before it gets a heal off. Always pet healers first.

Also hungry earth is surprisingly pretty efficient. And gets better as you level. I used this to kill most low hp mobs until I got deflux at 54 and would mix in splurt as needed by then too.
This. You can also use your mez to interrupt cleric heals, easy to anticipate for the most part.

Side note: if you want to make some decent money while leveling a little slower, you can camp pieces to the VP key after you finish up mastering Kaesora (and getting your HS key / maybe even that fear click staff if you're lucky).

Rotting Skeleton has some undead around (there are a good bunch down the hill at their little fort area thing) and there are more than enough at Pained Soul. Just be careful venturing too far off and risking some neckbeard lawyerquesting you out of the camp.

Not sure the earliest level you can reliably do either one, but certainly something to consider if you're not loaded on plat. Necro spells get a little pricey later on and unfortunately charming undead in CoM and HS isn't the most lucrative path to 60.

CoM will be your next target after Kaesora. Plenty of undead, lots of room, bring your J boots, good times in small group settings too. Can stay there til about 54/55 up on floor 2/3 before you make Howling Stones your final home to 60.
Last edited by Toxigen; 08-24-2022 at 05:17 PM..