Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-15-2022, 10:56 AM
Banned

Default Necro Soloing from 55-60. I need help.

Alright, my Necro is 55 atm. I'm looking for the next solo spot.

I know of a few safe spots, but they're pretty permacamped.

I also know the popular spots are upper floors of CoM and Howling Stones.

I'm leaning towards CoM because I'm more familiar with the zone. I have never been to HS. Not once.

I know of the levitate trick to get on the 2nd floor of CoM, but I'm not 100% sure how to do it. And then I don't know what to do from there. I don't know the 2nd floor camps, dangers, tricks, etc.

Any information or help with soloing on the 2nd floor of CoM would be awesome, if possible. HS can wait for now. I'm not even confident I could solo getting the key for it..
Old 09-15-2022, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

The answer really is HS. CoM is going to start greening out on you soon.

Keep some spare peridots / coffins / EEs in the bank if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to self CR.

The zone is typically busy enough to get an assist if you die, though. Lots of pocket clerics parked at safe spot in basement.

If you don't feel confident enough, there is always KC basement.
Last edited by Toxigen; 09-15-2022 at 11:06 AM..
Old 09-15-2022, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Second howling stones. Having done kaesora on my necro 40-45, im dying for the next charm spot with mostly melee undead.

Have spent a big portion of 59-60 on my monk in HS too -- its so great.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:45 PM
Aviak

Ry'Gorr fort in EW, if you can handle the respawn. Iirc and unless something changed since i was there it's 5 x "6min40" + the oracle every 45-50 min or so + the chief every 1h30, this camp is no joke to hold but if done properly it is actually pretty good exp (elite guards only have like 2400 hp max). The invoke fear clicky helps if you have it, but isn't required.

I can show you how to do the initial chief & oracle and start the rotation if you want.
Old 09-15-2022, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer really is HS. CoM is going to start greening out on you soon.

Keep some spare peridots / coffins / EEs in the bank if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to self CR.

The zone is typically busy enough to get an assist if you die, though. Lots of pocket clerics parked at safe spot in basement.

If you don't feel confident enough, there is always KC basement.
I totally forgot about KC basement. I could do that.

But I probably do need to just nut up and shut up and try to do HS. It's almost a requirement to go there as a high level Necro.

Another piece of the problem is that I'm not used to charming. I've been root-rotting 90% of the time since level 49.

Maybe I can practice in Kaesora while getting my key.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2022, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ry'Gorr fort in EW, if you can handle the respawn. Iirc and unless something changed since i was there it's 5 x "6min40" + the oracle every 45-50 min or so + the chief every 1h30, this camp is no joke to hold but if done properly it is actually pretty good exp (elite guards only have like 2400 hp max). The invoke fear clicky helps if you have it, but isn't required.

I can show you how to do the initial chief & oracle and start the rotation if you want.
I could try that.

I've been wanting to grind faction, get my shawl quest started, as well as my CS tooth...I could do all that while in Velious
Old 09-15-2022, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

People have listed good active camps but if you want to be lazy there's

Lfay Brownie guards
WL Geonids or suits
FM basement giants
Skyfire jank near port-in
Chardok trash close to zone out/tunnel

All of these are comparatively slow but don't require much attention and will get you to 60. YMMV how camped they are.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Another chill lazy spot is the neriak arena. Never too busy,fast spawns but no loot. Good XP only spot
Old 09-15-2022, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally forgot about KC basement. I could do that.

But I probably do need to just nut up and shut up and try to do HS. It's almost a requirement to go there as a high level Necro.

Another piece of the problem is that I'm not used to charming. I've been root-rotting 90% of the time since level 49.

Maybe I can practice in Kaesora while getting my key.

Thanks
Definitely practice before going to HS. You should be at least proficient if not very skilled / familiar with best practices before zoning in there.

Get key in Kaesora and head to KC. It'll be far more forgiving when you inevitably die learning the ropes. The zone sucks and you'll probably have mobs pulled over top of you during busy hours, but when you feel like you've got a good handle on things there, stock your bank w/ some dots / EEs / coffins just in case....and go play in HS.

A good idea for your first time is to /who the zone and check to see if the entrance is clear. This will make it far easier to learn the layout of the zone in and how to get down to the basement. I forget which direction, but if you pan your camera above you and look down, there is a trangular shaped slope / ledge thing that will likely have corpses near it. Can just look at the mobs below and choose the appropriate invis (regular or IVU, big bonus if you can get both before zoning in), and simply float down to the safe spot w/ DMF. With your back to that wall, nothing will aggro you and can safely med / afk as long as nobody trains on top of you. Its basically the standard CR spot for the zone, likely quite a few rez bots parked there.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:32 PM
Banned

Thanks for all the tips.

Practicing charming in KC is a good idea. I'm learning how to Congo Line and utilizing Harmshield while charm pulling a group of mobs.

Luckily I do have a pre-nerf CoS so that will make things easier.