Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-16-2022, 12:23 AM
Orc

Default Which is the highest DPS that each class(W/N/M/E) can reach?

Just for curiosity. I"m an noob at moment(lv 31 nec) but so far reading the wiki and posts :

Enchanter : I believe that the strongest charmed pet + buffs can reach about 250~300 DPS (not sure)

Wizard : Only using very specific spells, using Porlos' Fury or Hsagra's Wrath, he can dish 2000 damage in 6 seconds to cast or 333.333... DPS

Magician : Epic pet seems to deal aobut 90 DPS according to other thread answer. Sirroco(5.5 cast time + 6 secs to all waves hit) = 176. Total = 266 DPS

Necromancer : Emissary of Thule seems able to do 55 DPS + 17 DPS from Devouring Darknes + 18.5 from Pyrocruor + Envenomed Bolt = 18.3 + Vexing Mordinia = 18.6 = 127.4 DPS only from DoTs + Trucidation(no ones uses as DPS, due reagent) = 189.44 DPS or 313 DPS

* With Touch of Night, the DPS for necro is merely 247.4 (120 + 247.4)

Despite necros being the lowest DPS for short fights without an expensive reagent, I believe that for long fights, they are the best DPS but there are boo much variables involved.
Old 09-17-2022, 09:33 PM
Large Rat

Nothing in a group would live long enough for you to get that many dots on a target, let alone for them to actually get their dps rolling. Raid bosses will resist most of necro dots and they don’t stack with other necros.

Dots are useful for soloing or duo in certain circumstances.

Pure dps enchanter is best over the long haul because of mob scaling.

Wizard is super good dps against certain raid targets that bane spells work against and ok against some others.

Mage dps would be great if their spells would land, but everything is resisted. Mage dps in groups however is great. Damage shield, pet and can burst nuke when needed.
Old 09-18-2022, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

I’m going to comment on sustained dps vs max dps in an all out burn.

-Enchanter: with a Krup frog in seb charmed, hasted, quadding and with haste item is 140-165ish dps. In some zones enchanters can charm nastier higher hitting mobs. So the limit is really what zone they are in and what they can safely charm. In standard xp groups you will see most enchanters charming safer mobs that will put out 100-120 dps. With insane pet options you could see even higher than a Krup.

-Necromancer: if they are in an area they can charm their dps will be comparable to average ench charm dps + their own nukes (so probably will average higher than enchanters. If not charming EoT at max summon is a respectable 50-60 dps. Toss in liberal life taps and nukes with lich regen and you’re probably looking at sustained dps in the 85-100 range. Very respectable. On a fast burn they can do higher. If it’s a burn on an undead even better due to mana efficiency and stronger punch power.

Magician: max summon water pet and epic pet are fairly similar dps unless the epic pet is tanking and applying its massive dmg shield. Epic pet used to be better but was hit in pet nerf as well - less impressive now. Water pet fully buffed and max hasted will sit at 60-65 dps if not positioned and 70-75 if backstabbing. Epic pet averages a few dps higher. On my mage with basic c2 in high level camps I tend to average 100-120 dps. On a full burn could kiss over 200dps but this is not sustainable. RAIN SPELLS ARE ACTUALLY BAD DPS BECAUSE OF BUILT IN AUTOMATIC RESIST RATES

Wizards: get the short end of the stick. Sustained dps is literally the sum total of their mana regen, down time for medding, and converting that mana into dps. Free dps clickies help maintain a certain degree of bottom line but they lack in the sustained category due to no pet. On burns, to beat out the others they have to magically burn harder than both the other casters’ spells and their pets. Wizards kinda get the shaft. On an all out burn where they can’t use bane nukes they may be able to squeak ahead of a mage + pet of very lucky. If they can use bane nukes they are very VERY STRONG burst dps for as long as their mana holds out.

In general you’re going to see the following for dps in a group.

Ballsy enchanter with super super pet >= ballsy necro charm + dd > safer necro charm + dd > safer ench >= standard mage kit with pet > standard necro also nuking >>> wizard

Without any ballsy targets to charm:

Necro charm + dd > standard ench charm >= mage standard + pet > necro standard + pet >>> wizard

And with no undead:

Ench charm >= mage standard + pet > necro standard + pet >>> wizard
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-18-2022, 04:36 AM
Fire Giant

The OP is asking what the highest DPS is that these classes can put out, and even if rain spells resist they are added DPS because you can cast other spells while the waves land. For mage I'd say something like this:

Sirocco: 3 waves 1890 / 2 waves 1260 = 171 / 114 dps
Scars of Sigil: 450 damage over 2 seconds = 225 dps
Pet: Let's go with 70 as a good average
Total : 466 dps / 409 dps

Obviously this isn't always doable, and raiding this wouldn't work because of resist rates. But for group / solo content this is doable. I use the Sirocco/SoS combo to kill the shardwurm matriarch in GD, it's the only way for mages to drop it 40% -> 0% in 10 seconds while it's chealing.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 09-18-2022, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The OP is asking what the highest DPS is that these classes can put out, and even if rain spells resist they are added DPS because you can cast other spells while the waves land.
With all due respect that’s kinda like asking what a warrior’s max dps is on p99 and then a 60 raid warrior with Gauldrek saying “maybe over 400 dps” is the highest because every attack could be a triple attack, always hit, and always hit for max damage.

It’s super unfortunate that rain spells on p99 are so broken. They have a built in 25% flat out chance of resistance and having a pet in range will take away additional possible hits.

I would not consider rains part of the mage dps equation.

Old 09-18-2022, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Full kit Velious wizards do pretty well actually.

extreme case, but wizzies are def better (again, in raids) than the bad rep they get
Old 09-18-2022, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With all due respect that’s kinda like asking what a warrior’s max dps is on p99 and then a 60 raid warrior with Gauldrek saying “maybe over 400 dps” is the highest because every attack could be a triple attack, always hit, and always hit for max damage.

It’s super unfortunate that rain spells on p99 are so broken. They have a built in 25% flat out chance of resistance and having a pet in range will take away additional possible hits.

I would not consider rains part of the mage dps equation.
Don't forget all those hits could be crips and under fell strike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-18-2022, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Full kit Velious wizards do pretty well actually.

extreme case, but wizzies are def better (again, in raids) than the bad rep they get
Yeah wizards with bane nukes on susceptible raid mobs are absolutely insane damage. With evocation specialty name nukes cost 391.5 mana per and gives an unresistable 2k nuke. 5.1 damage per mana ratio that will always land. With 4K mana pool that’s 20,434 damage and at 6 sec cast time that’s 333.33 guaranteed dps.

20 such wizards (not counting mana regen) could unload half a million damage in 61 seconds.

I’m glad they have that one ace in the hole. They really need it.

Once oom and medding with c2, potg and bard (~49 mana/tick meditating) you’re looking at an unreistable sustained dps of 41.65 if you run the napkin math.

In a one minute burn 333 dps.
By minute 2 (oom and sustained nuking) you drop to around 187 sustained dps.
By minute 3 it’s still a healthy 138 dps.
Minute 4 114 dps (still good).
Minute 5 99.92 dps
Minute 6 90.2 dps

Wizards with bane nukes are very good.

Last edited by Troxx; 09-18-2022 at 01:12 PM..
Old 09-18-2022, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Or if not using GCD to spam it and instead doing concussion like in the video 181 dps with a cast/hit every 11 seconds.

At 391.5 + 50 mana (2 concussions) twist spending 450 every 2 ticks so could sustain this on a 4K mana pool for 2 minutes or longer not factoring in mind buffs

Old 09-18-2022, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scars of Sigil: 450 damage over 2 seconds = 225 dps.
Splitting hairs here as well but most mages I have known (to include myself) would assert that conjuration is the specialty to use. It affects pet summons along with our 57 nuke shock of steel.

Shock of steel without spec is 3 dmg per mana
Shock of steel is 3.43 dmg per mana with conjuration spec.
Scars of Sigil without spec is 2.57 dmg per mana
Scars of Sigil with evocation spec is 2.96 dmg per mana
Seeking flame without spec is 3.2 dmg per mana
Seeking flame with evo spec is 3.68 dmg per mana

Chain cast scars of Sigil = 225 dps
Chain cast shock of steel = 137 dps
Chain cast Seeking Flame = 146 dps

As for me I chose conjuration spec. A lot of what we do involves conjuration mana. Yes best mana efficiency (by 6.8% if using seeking vs shock) for nukes and highest burn (by a much wider margin) is evocation but mod rods and CoTH use conjuration. In raids you will be doing a ton of that. Summons also conjuration. If I had velks boots AND I knew I’d never be raiding (all the coths and mod rods), I’d be tempted to go evocation. But I don’t and I will probably raid again at some point. If I did raid my warrior is my main and my mage would be a coth or mod rod bot exclusively to use as needed.

I chose conjuration and shock of steel is my bread and butter for sustained dps. I do not load seeking flame but keep scars up for those situations where you don’t give a damn about mana and just need to burn hard. Scars is spell gem 1 to make use of GCD clicks. Shock of steel I keep elsewhere on the bar and don’t bother with GCD. Unless it’s really bad my standard burn is scars shock scars shock which comes out to 159ish spell cast dps without resists.

So yeah in a group environment where you get no resists, the mage can burn with scars 225dps + whatever the pet puts out so ballpark of 300 or a tad less. Trying to use rain spells when your pet counts against you and 25% baseline resist rate will be a giant mana drain that probably doesn’t live up to expectations.

Sustainably? 100-120 has always been my experience at 60 without a focus for my 60 water pet or nifty clicky velks boots.

If rains weren’t stupid the highest dps twist would be 1 cast manastorm (6 sec cast 12 sec recast) with SIX scars of Sigils between. With no resists that is 393.75 mage DD dps (not counting pet) but for a whopping 1477 mana per 12 seconds - 4725 damage in the relative blink of an eye (6k in 12 seconds with a decent water pet). But now you have to meditate for 4.5 minutes with c2 just to break even.

Last edited by Troxx; 09-18-2022 at 01:57 PM..