Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-20-2022, 09:18 AM
Orc

Default [NEC] Any way to change my deity from Bertoxxulous to Innoruuk??

I will be honest. I like Inny way more. Played in live as an follower of Inny cuz I like way more his dogma and the aesthetic of plane of hate over the plane of disease. I only chose Bertoxxulous in p99 so I could do the gnoll fang quest and quickly reach lv 12 and get good DoTs, the first 12 levels as an necromancer are quite troublesome due the lack of good DoTs. Neriak is also my favorite city in EQ2.

And before anything, yes, I'm one of this guys who play as an human necromancer.

I wanna change my deity only due personal preference/RP factor. I don't care about min max cuz honestly necromancers are already quite strong.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

No. You have to make a new character if you want to change dieties.

If your class/race combination doesn't have the diety you want, there is no way to pick it for that class/race combination.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-20-2022 at 09:26 AM..
Old 09-20-2022, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will be honest. I like Inny way more. Played in live as an follower of Inny cuz I like way more his dogma and the aesthetic of plane of hate over the plane of disease. I only chose Bertoxxulous in p99 so I could do the gnoll fang quest and quickly reach lv 12 and get good DoTs, the first 12 levels as an necromancer are quite troublesome due the lack of good DoTs. Neriak is also my favorite city in EQ2.

And before anything, yes, I'm one of this guys who play as an human necromancer.

I wanna change my deity only due personal preference/RP factor. I don't care about min max cuz honestly necromancers are already quite strong.
Human necros are the coolest roleplay IMO, I went bertox for mine due to how badass their guild hall is, but I would assume human inny would have more selling options in a place like neriak, however it won't matter for other things like OT hammer since you can charm undead.

Either way, if you're unhappy, just reroll. Enjoy the journey, human necro was probably my most favorite leveling experience on p99. I got tons of compliments, and only a few haters asking me why I didn't go iksar.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Unfortunately, as said above, you'll need to reroll entirely if you wish you change your deity. This goes for race, deity, class, face, gender, etc. The only thing that can be changed via staff is your name, and this can only be done if there's an important reason why.

If your only lvl 12, it isn't too late to reroll even if it feels like it. It's better to redo these 12 levels than get to max and still regret the details about your character. You're going to spend a lot of time on him.
Old 10-12-2022, 05:22 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neriak is also my favorite city in EQ2.
If your main reason is this rather than RP, then Neriak faction is really easy to fix with the red wine quest:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine

and potentially:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Innoruuk_Recommendation
Old 10-12-2022, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Level 12 is just the tip of the iceberg. Reroll and choose Innoruuk.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a few haters asking me why I didn't go iksar.
I wanted to make my Necro Human, but man, the mechanics of a Necro basically force you to be Iksar.

It's not even a fringe Min/Max decision. It's probably the one objectively correct racial choice in the game.

It's just too nice.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanted to make my Necro Human, but man, the mechanics of a Necro basically force you to be Iksar.

It's not even a fringe Min/Max decision. It's probably the one objectively correct racial choice in the game.

It's just too nice.
It's hard to *really* notice until 51+. But at 51, its nuts. at level 56 sitting (with Z heart equipped) i lose 1hp a tick in Lich form while gaining +40 mana/tick.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hard to *really* notice until 51+. But at 51, its nuts. at level 56 sitting (with Z heart equipped) i lose 1hp a tick in Lich form while gaining +40 mana/tick.
Yeah true, it's really only noticeable in the mid to late 50s.

I'd like to see a comparison between two Necros in terms of farming efficiency.

Less downtime means more mobs, faster, etc.