Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-22-2022, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slot 1 will allow you to begin casting the spell regardless of its refresh or (recast time) immediately. However when the spell casting is finished it will only work or (fire the spell) if the recast time has been met fully. If the Recast time has not been met when you finish the cast time you will get a (Spell is not ready) message

So in short it allows you to "START" casting sooner, and in cases where the spell can be chained it allows you to cast certain spells at a much faster rate due to this

Many spells cast time exceeds their recast time, and can be spammed back to back in slot1. Allowing you to get more CC out faster (Mez, root), or faster attempts and slow
I never knew that's why sometimes I'd get the "not ready" message. Thanks Fox!

-Mcoy
Old 09-22-2022, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slot 1 will allow you to begin casting the spell regardless of its refresh or (recast time) immediately. However when the spell casting is finished it will only work or (fire the spell) if the recast time has been met fully. If the Recast time has not been met when you finish the cast time you will get a (Spell is not ready) message

So in short it allows you to "START" casting sooner, and in cases where the spell can be chained it allows you to cast certain spells at a much faster rate due to this

Many spells cast time exceeds their recast time, and can be spammed back to back in slot1. Allowing you to get more CC out faster (Mez, root), or faster attempts and slow
It seems there is a cap to this. Like if you have a 12 second recast, and if you wait 9 seconds and then cast a 3 second spell, it still won't land.

It works really well for quadding, which is like a 6 second recast, by waiting 1.5 seconds or so and then cast.

Seems like a 6 sec recast might be the cap, but honestly too lazy to go back and test it.
Old 09-22-2022, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

If your burning a full spirit and a bit of a rune,use a lesser rune. Burning jaspers doesn't hurt nearly as bad

Berserker spirit and rune 3 combined is 430hp of rune, for 7/8gold
Old 09-24-2022, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone been able to always land the aoe stun as the mob closes but before it can swing? Or what other workarounds can there be to break charm in cramped rooms/corridors without getting hit?
I never got consistent at catching them with a stun, but I didn't try super hard. Make sure you're using color slant for that; it has the largest area of effect.

Fetter is a good option (only 1.75s cast vs 1.5s color slant), so that is another reason for you to look forward to 58.

I saw one streamer stand next to their pet, and try to time a gazhughi instant break right when their pet had a hitround. Then they tried to color flux (fastest cast color stun) before the pet had another hitround. I wasn't able to emulate that with any reliability, but I didn't practice it enough to say for sure whether it's viable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 round from these mobs seems to be enough to guarantee that not only berserker spirit buff is gone, but also that my rune 3/4 is either gone or mostly gone. If that round includes a successful bash, both runes for sure will be gone. I can reapply Rune, but I'm chewing through components here
I recommend retiring rune 4 in favor of rune 5.

Quote:
Yeah I’m trying to remember what was unique about slot 1 because I took a long time off playing.
For slots 2-8, the gcd click refreshes all of gems the except the one you just memmed or cast.

Slot 1 is special though, slot 1 gets refreshed by the gcd click even if you just cast or memmed slot 1.

But recasting slot 1 fails if it finishes casting before the spell's recast time is finished.

So for example you can mem slow in slot 1, hit your gcd, and cast it immediately, and you can chain cast it with gcd without pausing. But if you top slot Dementia you have to wait two second after memming before casting it (8 second recast minus 6 second cast), and pause two seconds between gcd chain casts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Alice in Wonderland, camping A4 I will almost never charm A1 (lvl 51) mobs because they are too unwieldy. Instead I will charm the invisible dudes in the main room. I think they are around lvl 46-48 and the difference is significant. Of course they are lower damage out put but they don't summon and I die much less frequently than when I thought I had to charm A1 mobs. Occasionally though, when someone is camping blam sticks, I have no choice. When I then do charm A1 mobs then I will often break charm with recant magic to ensure I dispell their haste.
I think the invisible dudes are level 50; their max hit is the same as a standard level 50 mob anyway. When I charm an A1 or A2 twin I sometimes bedlam it a bunch to try to get through all available loot mobs without regening it, then pacify it and cycle camp. It's definitely annoying to lose a rune to a planned charm break just because it's a summoner.
Last edited by Vivitron; 09-24-2022 at 02:17 PM..
Old 09-26-2022, 02:25 AM
Banned

^
Thanks for the info, that was thorough

One thing I was going to bitch about in a new thread I’ll instead just mention here so as not to spam. And by bitch I only mean point out, yes I realize enchanters are ridic op I’m not complaining about that

Mez seems to have an incredibly high blur chance on p99 vs what I remember classic. This is mostly a blessing but a slight curse as well. It blurs almost all the time and often with me in aggro range, which is kinda weird. I say weird because there’s been some debate before on whether mez will blur if you are in aggro range and yep, it sure seems to. Like….freaking….crazy

I’ve been farming caster mobs and this requires mez rather than root for after breaking charm to control them and not have them cast on me. But since mez has like a 90% blur chance, this means free mini-heals for everyone. Unless I GCD reset and do something to re-aggro. Root seems practical because it has a longer duration than mez and will hold them if for some reason the first nuke doesn’t kill them. But root is in fact slightly too slow. They will get a little chunk of health back from the blur before root can land. So I’ve switched to tash (I’m still using the second to last one I think) after mez to put them back in combat (my WoW brain description)

It gets a little tiresome having to tash everything after mezzing but that little heal can mean the difference between using a most expensive nuke to a much less expensive one. Anyway, just an annoyance, I’m sure the vets have worked out a zero mana clicky type solution
Old 09-26-2022, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

I do the same as you,click rod and retash to avoid the mem blur ticks. Is a hassle but you get used to it
Old 09-26-2022, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

55 is rough but 57 brings Bedlam which is a huge upgrade and 58 brings fetter which can be used to root a mob running at you super fast for less mana than PE.

You're almost there!
Old 09-27-2022, 03:35 PM
Aviak

Lots of good advice in the thread for you. Don't fret the expensive rune cost with peridots. You'll make enough cash soloing as an ENC to easily pay for it plus much more. It's all about getting your timing down and not freaking out when shit goes bad. People always say bedlam is a gamechanger, but it's not that much diff honestly. it can be a life saver, but you're still gonna be reapplying everything if a mobs gets too close. Check out my youtube channel in my sig if you want to see me break a lot of it down.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of good advice in the thread for you. Don't fret the expensive rune cost with peridots. You'll make enough cash soloing as an ENC to easily pay for it plus much more. It's all about getting your timing down and not freaking out when shit goes bad. People always say bedlam is a gamechanger, but it's not that much diff honestly. it can be a life saver, but you're still gonna be reapplying everything if a mobs gets too close. Check out my youtube channel in my sig if you want to see me break a lot of it down.
What up Rektyu, your videos are legendary. Drusella solo at 58 is incredible.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:10 PM
Banned

I liked rektyu’s vids, seen some, very informative

To give an idea of how bad my gear is, I tried to gnome vision through a wall but wasn’t getting a good angle so I face-checked a room with 2 blue con mobs in it

Aggro’d both immediately, tried to stun but got interrupted. Had Berzerking buff and rune 3 up, was dead before I could cast again

Thinking about putting it in a video guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]