Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-23-2022, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Default Mage pet exp

Pet 1: Has DS, takes mob to 49% or less. Pet 1 gets reclaimed.
Pet 2: Finishes mob from 49% or less to dead.
Mage: Does no actual damage to mob.

Full exp or half exp for mage?
Old 09-23-2022, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Half.

Mage needs to do damage.

Pet 2 should be reclaimed and finish mob with cheap nuke.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

I'm trying to understand the mechanics behind this. So could a mage PL someone by taking a mob to 1%, dismissing pet and having someone else finish?

If this doesn't work, does the game somehow recalculate who has done the most dmg? So let's say we have a mob with 100hp, pet 1 takes the mob to 50 hp, reclaim the pet. So the mob now has 50hp, does the mage need to do 26 dmg to get full exp? What if pet 2 took the mob down to 25hp, then was reclaimed, resummon pet 3, does the mage now need to do 13 dmg to get full exp?
Old 09-23-2022, 06:33 AM
Fire Giant

Yes mage needs to outdmg whichever pet is on the hate list.
Also yes,mage can pl by reclaiming pets. I do it with sand giants for oasis groups when I'm bored.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying to understand the mechanics behind this. So could a mage PL someone by taking a mob to 1%, dismissing pet and having someone else finish?

If this doesn't work, does the game somehow recalculate who has done the most dmg? So let's say we have a mob with 100hp, pet 1 takes the mob to 50 hp, reclaim the pet. So the mob now has 50hp, does the mage need to do 26 dmg to get full exp? What if pet 2 took the mob down to 25hp, then was reclaimed, resummon pet 3, does the mage now need to do 13 dmg to get full exp?
Yes that is how a mage could power level someone.

Once you reclaim pet, assuming pet was the only thing doing damage, the mob effectively has 100% hp.. so you'd have to do 51% of whatever is left to get full exp.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So could a mage PL someone by taking a mob to 1%, dismissing pet and having someone else finish?
This is how Monks powerlevel people.

Kill mob to 1% HP, FD and let the newb kill mob.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

But it isn't like FD because the mob will aggro the mage. Which is kind of why I'm looking into this. If it was like FD then the aggro shouldn't transfer to the mage, but it does. The aggro transferred is not a trivial amount, mages can no longer chain non-earth pets without lucky taunts or time.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
But it isn't like FD because the mob will aggro the mage. Which is kind of why I'm looking into this. If it was like FD then the aggro shouldn't transfer to the mage, but it does. The aggro transferred is not a trivial amount, mages can no longer chain non-earth pets without lucky taunts or time.
Yea unfortunately mage pet aggro is totally broke atm and many are aware of this.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah aggros been working as it does for months now. You can still chain pets just need to time it with roots or burn a root net charge
Old 09-23-2022, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yes, I've done this pl technique using my enchanter. Of course you use a reclaim instant click to dismiss the pet.