Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-08-2023, 08:49 PM
Banned

i can't get my mage epic so let's make a bug thread
(lol)
Old 01-09-2023, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the goal of P99 isn't to recreate the EQ of 1999-2001 (it's just to create a sandbox of the rules, as you say) ... why are the dragons rooted here? They weren't rooted in 1999-2001.

I would argue that not rooting them trivialized what should have been a pivotal classic EQ experience: it went against the goals of the project. Thus, the staff did the most classic thing possible by doing something that was literally unclassic (rooting them).

I would similarly argue that making guilds have to raid Hate ... as countless classic sources show, that's what people did back in '99-'01 ... is worth eliminating a safe spot (that no one has shown to be classic either).
Everything staff has done that has gone away from a 1:1 classic sandbox is against the project. They should reevaluate their life choices, but it doesn't mean we should keep making unclassic changes in service of pushing a specific idea of what one person feels is classic. Create the 1:1 sandbox and let emergent gameplay happen.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Emergent gameplay that pisses off other players is totes classic.