Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-18-2023, 02:53 PM
Aviak

Default Imbue procs are not stacking for double procs

This has always bugged me, I thought that even in velious the spell based procs (boon of the garou, call of sky, call of fire) stacked with your weapon procs so that they would proc at the same time. A double proc so to speak.

In era evidence is hard to find. Some interesting snippets in the allakhazam from the gloves of the crimson segal (vex thal gloves with call of fire clicky) comments dated june 2002:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allakhazam

found it on casterealms
Call of Fire
Level: 55
Mana: 50
Class: Alteration
Era: Scars Of Velious
Vendor(s): NPC Drop
Approx Spell Cost: Unknown
Researchable: No
Type: Single Object Enchantment
Max Duration: 10 minutes
Casting Time: 3.5 seconds
Recast Time: 6 seconds
Actual Effects: Self: Imbue Weapon (Fire)
Description: This spell imbues your weapon with a fire based direct damage proc which delivers up to 75 hitpoints damage.
This proc stacks with any other procs the item may have.
One day earlier a post by this guy which is very insightful. It breaks down the spell rules for procs in detail and is pretty much on the nose regarding their mechanics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allakhazam

The effect as listed below is slightly incorrect. It is a level 55 spell, it does last about 10 minutes, and it does check Fire. However, the damage is not 75, it's 65 (I've never seen it resisted partially, so I assume it's all or nothing). Included is a 0 duration stun that will interrupt spells (doesn't work on mobs that can't be stunned, ie giants, some dwarves, dragons, etc). It will stack with any procs that a weapon may have, but it will NOT stack with any other spell procs. So, Boon of the Garou overwrites it, SK lifetap procs overwrite, the Bard song with the DEX debuff proc overwrites, etc. Lastly, and this is something that should REALLY be mentioned: the proc is a HUGE taunt.
There is the also some comments confirming the mechanic on the Orb of the Sky from Vex Thal.

Quote:
post from oct 2002

this is pretty cool...any class can put a 35dd/stun proc on their weapons which i believe stacks with all other procs.
which recieved this reply:
Quote:
it stacks with your weapons procs but not any other spell based proc like the one boon or trixters gives you.
The above quoted comments are merely 7 to 10 months into luclin. I didn't find any patch note changes from 2001-2003 to these spells. Nor did I find any stacking changes to procs in everquest at all before augments were introduced. The spells Call of Fire, Call of Flame, and Boon of the Garou have almost no comments in era on allakhazam. Vampiric Embrace does not have much information either, despite being a classic spell, and available on the SK kunark arms as a clickie - no in era comments either. Perhaps more research is needed from the community to see if VE should be included in stacking.

I think these spell lines were notoriously underused. Many complained about the werewolf effects on boon and rangers were hard to level, and were often not played correctly in era. Call of Sky required you to have velious and time to travel there and back, or a friend to run to iceclad vendors to buy it for you. It seems logical that they were not well understood until the luclin clickies opened the spells to other classes who desired the proc for the stun taunt.

These are velious offensive boost spells that are pretty lukewarm without this mechanic in. I think the assumption should be that they DO stack for double procs unless proven otherwise.