Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Cleric Spells and How to Use Them

So I have leveled my cleric to 19. I have noticed that now I have access to a couple of AoE spells, Word of Pain and Word of Shadow. Also I now have a newer stun. So far, it has been easy to play a cleric, you know, buff, heal, and try not to draw aggro. So, the stun spells are great, I understand pretty much how to use them ( or I like to think so, at least [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) but the AoE are a mystery, can't think of a situation where damaging more than one MOB would be a good idea. I would much rather use my mana on Divine Aura and haul ass if need be. But, I tend to try to solo quite a bit as well, and so here is the heart of the matter. Anyone out there know of a good use for cleric spells outside of the mana efficient Undead ones and heals and buffs? Any tricks for using them, or can somebody point out what I am missing if they are useful already? Or if there are any soloing clerics with advice, I would love to hear that as well!
All of you expert Clerics out there, if you feel up to it, add a little something to this thread no matter if it is spell related or not. I could use the advice, as I am sure there are others playing that are first timers as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks all!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Cleric AoE spells are great for faction grinding :P
Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

If you are soloing as a cleric, undead are your best targets as the undead specific nukes are much more mana efficient.

Your calm/lull line helps with single pulling, but for the most part heals and undead nukes are your main spells.

As for AoE spells (Word of series + Upheaval), you don't really use those for solo situations unless you are a higher level clearing out green mobs for faction or some drops. The AoE spells are best used in AoE groups where you have some wizards/druids/mages/clerics and a couple of enchanters to stun everything while the nukes chain their AEs. The most popular AE spot was Skyfire, but that was nerfed a few months ago, after a large portion of the server leveled to 60 off of it.
Closed Thread