Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 AM
Skeleton

Default Best way to have pet get aggro

Hi -
I'm new to using pets in EQ. Say I sick my pet on a mob, and then it gets 2 adds, and then the pet dies right before I get another summoned and the mobs are all on me. What's the best way to quickly get the pet tanking all 3 again?
I'm really quite a noob for pets so please spell it out for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Banned

make # 2 hotkey pet attack
make # 3 hotkey pet back

make cycle npc button

send pet on 1 hit cycle button
press 3 then 2

repeat

repeat

this would never work though lol
Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Pet taunt/aggro does not seem as strong as it was on Live.

In the scenario you describe, it is highly probable that you must either run or die (it sounds as if you have no crowd control and thus are a Mage). However, the process would consist of backing the pet off of one target and sicking it on another. Of course this would be complicated by the fact that the pet may change targets if you or he is hit by another mob.

Bottom line - don't get into this scenario.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Banned

Dont forget, for the pet to be able to taunt the mob its attacking, it has to be atleast 1 level higher than the mob. Same way warrior taunt works.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Social aggro and pet aggro are both not classic atm, from what I can tell. When your pet dies, all aggro on the mob and also the social aggro on adds transfers to you (this is what happens when charm breaks, not 100% sure if pet death is same but it appears to be). Also, if any PC is in melee range while the pet has aggro, the PC will be hit instead of the pet automatically. These are changes from later expansions and havn't been fixed despite repeated requests (forum search bard charm, charm, or swarm kiting for background)
Old 03-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbvera13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When your pet dies, all aggro on the mob transfers to you
I haven't played a pet class in a few months, but last I checked, this was not the case on pet death. The aggro from the pet just disappears, I think, and the mob then doesn't have a lot of aggro for you if you didn't do much to it. This makes it possible (though not necessarily immediate) to get the mob attacking your new pet without too much trouble, though with multiple mobs it's more difficult.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

They broke pet aggro months and months ago, badly.

We've brought it to their attention dozens of times.

You can send in a pet on a mob you have zero aggro on, sit, and the mob is now running at you and not your pet that just hit it. This is wrong.

Everything else on top of that, pets don't generate proper aggro, don't hold aggro, or anything like they should.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

root.

and/or

FD.
Closed Thread