Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 07-25-2022, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Default JBB, is it really that good?

I am high enough level to use a JBB but I would need to sell some of the stuff I am wearing to get one. Is this a good course of action or should I really not worry about it?
Old 07-25-2022, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Yes and no.

If your Shaman is your first character here, should you stop XPing and focus on earning plat until you can afford a JBB? Absolutely not: it will be faster to level without the JBB, and then earn the plat for it (much faster) at higher levels.

But if your options are "keep some stat gear" (that just gives higher maximums ... which basically won't help you level at all) ... or "sell that gear and buy the JBB" (which adds tons of mana-free DPS, and has a noticeable effect on leveling speed), it's no question: get the JBB.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

It's good, even at 60. You should save up for JBB while leveling if you solo a lot. A JBB will help you more than your stat gear, so it is definitely worth selling the stat gear for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY - At 60 doing Cliff Golems I can get 5326 damage from it, which equates to 1/6 of the Cliff Golem's HP. Mana-wise that is saving you at least 1200 mana from casting Pox, not including potential resists and casting insidious decay.
Old 01-28-2023, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's good, even at 60. You should save up for JBB while leveling if you solo a lot. A JBB will help you more than your stat gear, so it is definitely worth selling the stat gear for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY - At 60 doing Cliff Golems I can get 5326 damage from it, which equates to 1/6 of the Cliff Golem's HP. Mana-wise that is saving you at least 1200 mana from casting Pox, not including potential resists and casting insidious decay.
Perfect example when FSI doesnt do anything for you but regen would.

Old 01-28-2023, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perfect example when FSI doesnt do anything for you but regen would.
The regen did nothing that fight. FSI would have helped if I screwed up and got summoned.

On a 20 minute fight I would get 1600 HP as a Troll with standing Regen (+8 HP per tick). That is 1 Torpor if you get a 1500 HP Torpor on server Tick. That would save me a grand total of 30 seconds recovering after the fight. Cliff Golems have a 6 minute respawn, and I can get to full HP/Mana in 3 minutes[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It is 100% useless generally speaking with Torpor.
Old 01-28-2023, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The regen did nothing that fight. FSI would have helped if I screwed up and got summoned.

On a 20 minute fight I would get 1600 HP as a Troll with standing Regen (+8 HP per tick). That is 1 Torpor if you get a 1500 HP Torpor on server Tick. That would save me a grand total of 30 seconds recovering after the fight. Cliff Golems have a 6 minute respawn, and I can get to full HP/Mana in 3 minutes[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It is 100% useless generally speaking with Torpor.
Hey, whatever you say man. We both know the math agrees with me.

Also standing it's 12 regen, not 8.

Only a person who ignores math thinks regen is useless.

Here's the wiki so you can brush up on your eq knowledge. Might help you change your opinion to the obvious right answer. Or you can keep being wrong, no skin off my nose. I tried.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Troll_R...P_Regeneration

Last edited by ya.dingus; 01-28-2023 at 10:46 PM..
Old 01-29-2023, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, whatever you say man. We both know the math agrees with me.

Also standing it's 12 regen, not 8.

Only a person who ignores math thinks regen is useless.

Here's the wiki so you can brush up on your eq knowledge. Might help you change your opinion to the obvious right answer. Or you can keep being wrong, no skin off my nose. I tried.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Troll_R...P_Regeneration
It's 8 because that is the difference between Ogre Regen and Troll Regen (12-4). You don't count the full 12 because Ogres regenerate too.

The math agrees with me[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The regen is too slow to save you mid fight, and the total HP saved isn't enough to increase my kills per hour. What else do you think Regeneration is doing? If you are camping Cliff Golems, for example, you will be at 100% HP and Mana as both a Troll and an Ogre by the time the respawn timer hits. There is no difference between a 3 minute recovery time and a 3 minute 30 second recovery time when it takes 6 minutes to respawn. You will get the exact same number of kills per hour as an Ogre or a Troll.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-29-2023 at 01:23 AM..
Old 07-25-2022, 01:28 PM
Aviak

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Recently got my first JBB ever. Using it together with a Fungi and been using JBB since 46. It's good, I can kill non-stop. Without fungi I'd probably need medbreaks every once in a while but maybe wouldn't be an issue if u were troll.

JBB frequently breaks root so once I got epic if I decide to do multi-rootrotting it may not be used as much.

The thing is, so many camps don't allow for non-stop murder and most 6-12min camps are easy to hold down as a non-JBB shaman. I.e. JBB provides no value in these cases.

Thus I say it's not mandatory, it's powerful but not necessary at all.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recently got my first JBB ever. Using it together with a Fungi and been using JBB since 46. It's good, I can kill non-stop. Without fungi I'd probably need medbreaks every once in a while but maybe wouldn't be an issue if u were troll.

JBB frequently breaks root so once I got epic if I decide to do multi-rootrotting it may not be used as much.

The thing is, so many camps don't allow for non-stop murder and most 6-12min camps are easy to hold down as a non-JBB shaman. I.e. JBB provides no value in these cases.

Thus I say it's not mandatory, it's powerful but not necessary at all.
You need to change your tactics when fighting with a JBB. You don't root/rot, you face tank with slow, and you have your pet up for extra DPS. It ends up working out to being around as fast as root rotting. If you are engaging multiple enemies just root them away from you and face tank the mob you are JBBing down.

I could get at least 1 blue bubble an hour at level 59 in PoM Rat Maze without root/rotting and using JBB face tanking.

EDIT: It has been a while since I did this tactic. I believe I also had the pet tank the mob at times to reduce the amount of damage taken personally. This works well since pets have fast regeneration.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-25-2022 at 02:02 PM..