Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks all, been way too long out of classic i thought maybe there were a few places that could yield decent xp and pp but i guess i will continue to focus on lvls.
The first two I mentioned are that. The two sisters drop spear worth 7pp or so each iirc, but it popular and in oot, so pursue at your own risk. Goblins may require group or partner in hhk, but players buy the ears to pwr lvl twinks or get faction. Both should be good xp. I may have lvl range wrong on oot sisters. Someone correct me if so.

If getting some upgrades sounds more interesting than continuing the xp grind there is no shame is sacrificing some efficiency to have fun.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Wooly Mammoths in Everfrost, blue to 32ish, they drop tusks that vendor for 10.5pp each. Vendor in zone. Goblins in Runnyeye drop fine steel, black iron, bronze, vendor and bank in zone if you're sneaky. Sol A goblins drop fine steel and smithing mats. Vendors in zone. Higher levels are better for farming, but that doesn't mean you can't make some plat while you exp. Every toon I've leveled I've made at least 10k by 30 just by exping in the right places, and it wasn't always slow exp either.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Kobold

cool cool thanks all for the suggestions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] not lookin to get rich, just grouping with alot of twinks and it's making me feel a bit gimp was gonna try and save up 3-5k and try and get a better weapon a few hp pieces.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly, there really isn't a whole lot a monk needs to buy. Wu's staff for 100p, gloves for 50p and 5/55 rings for 500p and you're good to 50. I'd just as soon recommend you save your plat for when Velious launches in a couple months and maybe get some better deals for the same gear you'd spend 3-5k on now. That's just my opinion though, others might disagree.

I would recommend spending 5k on a tink bag though. Those are always useful and you really can't lose money on them.
Last edited by Ravager; 04-07-2014 at 04:18 PM..
Old 04-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just grouping with alot of twinks and it's making me feel a bit gimp
You can think of it that way, or you can think of it as "they're power leveling you" (they're spending money on gear, and you're not, but you're getting the benefit of their gear because your group is gaining XP faster). If you look at it that way, the longer you can go without wasting time earning plat the more you "win" (because, as I explained, the later you earn plat the more plat you earn).
Old 04-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every toon I've leveled I've made at least 10k by 30 just by exping in the right places, and it wasn't always slow exp either.

I was feeling pretty good about myself at 26 until I read this. I've got less than 1k to my name.

Yea, I play Warframe too.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archistopheles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was feeling pretty good about myself at 26 until I read this. I've got less than 1k to my name.
Ravager's make plat while you level guide:
----------------------------------------
Levels 1-5 Deliver Mail (2-10 gold per delivery, plus good exp)
Levels 1-5 Pixie Tricksters in GFay (drop gems, some vendor for 2 plat)
Levels 1-5 Giant Wasps in GFay (drop poison sacks frequently 3g each)
Levels 6-10 Black Bear, Brown Bear (HQ Bear Skins sell 20pp each, always in demand)
Levels 10-16 Willowisps in NK (drop Lightstones and Greater Lightstones, can be turned in for exp as well as a book that sells for about 9.5pp to vendors)
Levels 10-13 Minotaur Slavers in Steamfont (drop gems and axes that vendor for a few plat)
Levels 15-18 Bandits/Sisters in Lesser Faydark (drop bronze weapons that vendor for several plat)
**I hear the WK bandits are good for bronze too, but I never tried them, I'm an elf at heart and bring my toons that way to level, even the evil ones.
Levels 19-24 Aviak Guards in Lake Rathe (drop bronze and gems)
Levels 19-26 Gargoyles in Ocean of Tears (Big money maker, drop eyes that stack and vendor for 9.5pp each. If you level here from 19-26 or so, whenever they turn green, you'll easily make 3-5K while these are blue)
20-30 Runnyeye 2nd floor (drop bronze, fine steel and black iron armor)
20-25 Hermit in South Karana (2 minute timer, drops fine steel)
23-32 Wooly Mammoths in Everfrost (drop tusks that vendor for 10.5pp each, you'll easily make 3-5k+ on these while they're blue)
28-35 Gnolls in South Karana (drop fine steel)
35-40 Guards at North Karana Tower and Towers in West Karana(if you're evil, or don't care about human faction, drop fine steel)
35-40 Is hard otherwise, if anyone has any suggestions.
40-45 Hill Giants wherever you can find them (drop plat, fine steel and gems)
45-50 Spectres (drop gems and scythes)
45-50 Feerott Ogre Guards (drop fine steel)
51+ Seafuries if you can manage it, otherwise you'll make more plat grouping in high level dungeons or camping crap.

I'm a few beers deep, otherwise I might not have taken the time to type this.
Last edited by Ravager; 04-08-2014 at 09:27 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Also, there's a lot of lower level camps of items that are always in demand that you can do on the way to supplement your income: Fishbone Earring, Shralok Packs, Shiny Brass Idol, Lion-Hide Backpack, Resist Earrings, Ring of Shadows, Red Wood Wand, Bracer of the Hidden, Glowing Black Stone, Goblin Ghazugi Ring and I'm sure there's even more I'm forgetting.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Shouldn't be worried about farming until 40+

Xp > all
Old 04-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

What they said is the general rule of thumb and is true in most cases.

But what if Barack Obooma could steer you towards a mob that:

1) Is level 25 and will be dark blue to you for several levels. Have your cake and eat it too!
2) Has a respawn time of 7-10 minutes
3) Spawns in one place. He does roam but once you've killed him once, you can sit on the spot.
4) Drops high level gems and jewelry up to and including ruby crowns (197pp vendor), Diamonds (2k), black sapphires (3k), etc. and also drops level 49 research pages/runes! No heavy loot to carry around.
5) Drops up to about 8pp in coin.
6) Is in Kunark so if you're an Iksar, it would be handy? If you're human, you're pretty close to FV.

He's a fun slot machine. Try it out for a day or two and see what you think. You may not get a black sapphire or diamond but you might.

I killed him about 20x to see what he was like and got two ruby crowns, a fire emerald ring and a couple other things. Expect 3/4 of the time to get just coin or green frog skin/froglok blood/froglok meat.

Who is this mystery mob?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Soblohg

Your welcome!
Closed Thread