Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

I found that you don't need to be twinked out to be given second hand picks for groups. If you are tanking well and know your class mechanics and are efficient, people will notice your name a lot more in the zone your LFG in over the course of a week or 2 and will instantly bring you into their pug. Any idiot can twink a character out once they have the stash, but working towards gear and dying numerous times lets you learn from trial and error what you need, what doesn't work, etc...book smarts vs street smarts mind-set
Old 10-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Large Bat

All of the items you mentioned require PP! My gear set is based on pure lvl 1 balls and moxy. Lowbies will think you are some sort of GM when you link no drop loots at lvl 1.

Fist of Zek IS great when you reach a certain lvl. Much of the Jarsath gear indeed has +agility! Can balance out that large agil hit.

Ikky regen + caster regen is enough to keep you alive for the purposes of HP aggro kiting. It's rather fun.

Creating a caster allows you to do whatever it is casters do, to collect enough ikky toys for a sweet lvl 1 starting experience.

HP aggro can be beneficial! Caster can spot heal, but they usually over do it, causing a need to kite until the tank regains HP aggro. A skilled tank can manage his HPs while kiting to bounce aggro. Really fun too. DPS will love it even if they do have to kite a little bit.

The fun really starts when all of the DPS also start pulling mobs from other patrol lanes. Tanks job is to tag all the mobs and let the dps unleash.

When the warrior is feeling froggy, he can tell necros / monks to fear, giving the tank just one more task to perform. Catching the adds that aggro casters that fear. The tank has but to shoot an arrow or melee/ taunt the fresh add to become a real hate tornado. This works really well in OT or other wide space zones without casters.

Rape Walk, shall hereby be referred to as the "Gentleman Scurry".
Yes, Its not a nice word, but neither is eviscerate or lethargy.
How else could you really stick it to those pesky named if you dont let them know you're not "trying". A life and death Sunday stroll. Just be glad hes on OUR SIDE.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:58 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the rplys I decided to indeed roll my ikki.
Decided to try a use my budget to buy a set of banded armor (two days in ec no biters)
and I also tried to walk over to karnors castle but died just behind the castle lol (is all the walking really worth it?).
Old 10-27-2016, 05:17 AM
Planar Protector

Just get a good weapon, you'll find plenty of scalemail, reinforced rhino hide and burynai hide in kurns. Should keep you good for a while.

If you really want to do the KC thing, try buddy buddy with a cleric in zone as I should image you will need to be rezzed back in often.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

I got a set of medium banded in Field of Bone you can have dude just send a tell to Pendrell or Bugbear, Im usually on evenings Pacific time.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:33 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

i read a story about a guy on here who rolled a gnome warrior and soloed 1-60 clicking off all buffs including SoW without twinking. you can do it.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:50 AM
Sarnak

With a set of banded and a fast cheap weapon you'll be able to contribute just fine. The AC cap scales with level so you got plenty of time to get your basic gear up and running. The most pressing matter would be finding some decent weapons, but anything that isn't top of the line usually goes for under 100 or 200 plat and that's not too big of an investment.

Even for an untwinked newbie warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2016, 09:14 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

u made the right choice iksars are cool
Old 10-30-2016, 06:24 AM
Fire Giant

First char on p99 was iksar war, got 60 a year and some change later playing above average but not neckbearding.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Fist of Zek is a cool weapon but if the minus agility is a turn off, theres an identical ratio weapon from howling stones i think. Same 16/30 ratio but has no stats. Pretty solid and more than likely its affordable. I rolled female gnome warrior on red untwinked back when the exp bonus wasnt in and soloed for a long time with the weap i mentioned and the shimmering partisan from KC. Dont play her much anymore but shes lvl 58 now with mostly Kunark gear including a Fungi and a Wurmy. Nothing special but its definitely doable and probably less downtime as Iksar than i ever had.
Closed Thread