Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 12:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcelona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might I suggest the <Auld Lang Syne> experience, If you can discipline yourself you can relive a classic experience without engaging in the current servers economy.
This sounds really interesting, especially since I'm new to EQ. What time frame is your guild most active at? I'm EST looking to play around 5-10pm est.

I'd be making a new character, are there many low level players to group with? Any specific class that would be more useful to roll? Should I PM someone in game or just apply on the website?
Old 11-20-2016, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokensword [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, I am not thinking of WoW.. but thanks for telling me what I was thinking, always cool. I was thinking of the state of the early game and how viable it is to get groups.

I repeat, I am a newb and don't know the low level game here on this mature server.
Here's a tip, with that bad attitude you aren't gonna be well liked and reputation is a big deal on P99.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkotron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reputation is a big deal on P99.
Eh, it really isn't. One of the first things I noticed about P99 is how much less notoriety there is compared to live blue servers - server fame is all but nonexistent, save for a few exceptions like Greengrocer. It's much more difficult to make a name for yourself here in any regard, because the server is so top-heavy and the raid scene is so cliquey and balkanized. Take this thread for instance; people pretty much only namedrop their pals or people they've been guilded with. It doesn't really matter how good or how shitty you are, skill- or attitiude-wise, just as long you maintain camaraderie with a guild or group of players.

Also, as others have stated, one of the great things about this server is that there are always places to group at any level, despite the top-heaviness. Lots of people roll alts, and there's always a healthy influx of new players. The majority of guilds on P99 are non-raiding guilds.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-20-2016 at 02:23 PM..
Old 11-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokensword [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know classic EQ (the first three expacks) and want to play again... I don't mind working for it, and I don't mind spending the time, but... Encourage me. Is it all solo until I am useful to the raiders?
What do you remember or already know about EQ? What classes did you play? Do you know how to interact with npcs? Am not sure what level of newbie you are from your post. The first thing most people think of when you mention classic EQ is difficulty and reliance on other people to progress but you asked if it was all solo so i cant tell if you know anything at all about the game or this server. The learning curve is steep but if you know or remember certain basic things its alot easier to jump in.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuboda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds really interesting, especially since I'm new to EQ. What time frame is your guild most active at? I'm EST looking to play around 5-10pm est.

I'd be making a new character, are there many low level players to group with? Any specific class that would be more useful to roll? Should I PM someone in game or just apply on the website?
I am actually just a new recruit, as those are very standard prime time hours for the server in general, I Imagine that there are quite a few people playing during these hours.

Many members have made more than one character as well, so there are even a handful of lower levels to group with. Alternative characters also follow the same rules, so there shouldn't be any sort of twinking. I have seen characters in all areas as well, Qeynos/Everfrost/Toxxulia side of the world, Greater Faydark, or East Commons/Misty Thicket even.

I had already started a fresh character, and leveled the first few levels before I submitted an application on the website and then seeked out someone in game to invite me to the guild.

That said, If your ultimate goal involves raiding in the P99 raid scene as soon as possible, I think you'd rather try a different route.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:13 AM
Fire Giant

There are a lot of zones that are empty most of the time. But some zones are usually so packed that it's hard to find a spot. And that goes for all level ranges. So if there are too many/too few people in your zone, do a /w all <your level> to see where other people at your level are.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:35 PM
Kobold

I've been here maybe 3 months now, and have noticed that there are lots of grouping opportunities. I have a lot going on IRL right now, so I've spent more time soloing than grouped thus far, but I've had many opportunities to group. I've also noted that a lot of the players, even guilded 60's from all sorts of guilds, have been awesome.

Oh - and if you don't see LFG tags, just ask if anyone wants to group up in /ooc. You'll most likely find a group!
Old 11-21-2016, 05:21 PM
Kobold

There's always someone new or someone who's an alt-a-holic that would be around to group with you. Just /ooc and/or hang out in the appropriate starting/leveling zones.
Closed Thread