Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 03:23 AM
Kobold

Default Anyone raise Heretic faction killing sentinels in Erudin docks?

I killed sentinels in the Erudin docks for 6 hours straight (or about four movies on Netflix). I am an Ogre warrior who worships Rallos Zek.

I went back to Paineel to check and... still scowling ready to attack.

I DID kill diseased sharks while doing this, is the hit from diseased sharks really that great? Or are sentinels just not giving as much as one would think? Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have any experience successfully raising heretic faction? I've been told it's supposed to be a quick process.

Any input on Heretic faction would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I killed sentinels in the Erudin docks for 6 hours straight (or about four movies on Netflix). I am an Ogre warrior who worships Rallos Zek.

I went back to Paineel to check and... still scowling ready to attack.

I DID kill diseased sharks while doing this, is the hit from diseased sharks really that great? Or are sentinels just not giving as much as one would think? Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have any experience successfully raising heretic faction? I've been told it's supposed to be a quick process.

Any input on Heretic faction would be greatly appreciated.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-24-2016, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

It's faster to chainkill in the Warrens. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-24-2016, 07:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's faster to chainkill in the Warrens. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the best thing to do. I think trivial loot code is in place here, but the turn in for teeth in paineel made my Agnostic Erudite enchanter max ally from leveling 4 to 16 +. My faction wound up so good that im almost kos in Erudin in my own guild, but the reward for teeth turn in in Paineel was so much better for an untwink starting fresh.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Going the old way of killing Erudin guards is a long one... in numbers it'll take the longest to go from scowl to threatening so if you're getting disheartened there just know that once you break into threatening, the path to dubious/indifferent/beyond isn't quite as long to do <3
Old 11-24-2016, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

I got my faction this way before the Warrens. It took a few hours of killing the 10 or so in the city+docks. The faction hits are much bigger (like 10 per), but there are many Kobolds to slaughter now.

With the respawn of Warrens being like 6 minutes, you can likely kill more there than the guards in Erudin. Like Swish said, once you get out of scowling you're almost there...
Old 11-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Orc

To echo what others have said, it's fastest to kill in the Warrens. It took my iksar monk 2ish hours to get to indifferent with the heretics. He was level 52 and dropping them instantly (and worships their religion, Cazic Thule), so it may vary for you. But it should definitely be faster than killing the guards.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

I killed Erudin guards for a few hours on my inny DE rogue on red to raise heretics. Was enough to get me out of KoS, and I got some hilarious NPC-assist kills with it waiting naked bound in Paineel. Some poor rogue w/ an AoN chased me into the SK guild. Guild master HT x 3. I've never seen anyone blow up that fast.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Just over an hour killing guards in erudin, and erudin palace(spawn water elemental that gives faction hit as well) to go to non-KoS on my iksar monk. Was more than just the ones on the docks.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:51 AM
Fire Giant

I went from kos to amiable in that time you stated in the warrens