Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned

did recourse effects even exist pre-luclin?
Old 08-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While it could have been possible to dispel the icon from yourself, you would have still been forced to take the DoT if the icon was still on the target.

It was only one spell back then, there was no recourse.

Shadowbond showed up as "Shadowbond" on the buff bar for both the caster and the target.

In order to nullify the negative portion of the spell, both effects had to be removed.
This is wrong and Necro dots never have worked this way ever on live. Not sure where you're getting this from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me know where you find a reference to anyone dispelling the effect successfully anywhere.

It would have been widely known/used, and it wasn't.

Further if it had a visible effect to dispel and it was indeed dispellable, the first thing people would have tried to do was dispel it and there'd be mentions of it all over. Again, there isn't. It was briefly broken and quickly corrected outside of our time line.
Here you go, 2001 someone mentions just simply clicking the icon off.

I don't get why you keep bringing this up. Like I'm baffled you want this nerfed so bad.
Last edited by Potus; 08-08-2014 at 05:14 PM..
Old 08-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Necros didn't care about dispelling it Nirgon. They just used vexing/bod to heal instead of getting rid of all their damn buffs.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

From that same castersrealm snapshot. This is talking about impart strength. The same mechanics would apply. See how it mentions giving your whole party the effect and then cancelling it? It mentions 1. the recourse, 2. how the spell isn't gone from party members when it's removed from the caster, 3. how it can be clicked off the necro.

http://web.archive.org/web/200104180...ell.asp?Id=389

THIS SPELL IS GREAT, By Azrel darkelf necromancer e'ci (1/28/2001)

you can give your whole party +str and then just left click the icon that is on your "effects" stack to turn it off and your party members still gain the bonus (it does override several str buffs cast on you, so just cast this on your party before they buff you)
SLIGHT BUG..., By Gnish (1/28/2001)

This spell will take 10 STR from you and give to another. Well, they fail to mention that it takes 10 from BASE STR without any buff spells on you. So, if your buffed STR (with magic buffs, not items) is 70, but normal STR is 60, then casting this spell will leave you with 50 STR. This is easily changed by casting Siphon Strength on your next target and then you'll be right back up to 70. A beneficial bug, is that you can cast this spell on multiple recipients
Old 11-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

so this been broke for this long?

just came back a few days ago. a ton more resists for my roots lately but didnt think it was a big deal til I was getting a WD resist per hour.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

dat aint right.

as for the off topic necro dispelling shit. buff stacking still isnt classic on this server. i cant find my old post but when you get buffed, it should always go on the first empty slot even if you already have that buff.

example:
[] empty
[] empty
[] skin like nerd
[] sow

someone casts sow on you and lands, it should look like this
[] sow
[] empty
[] skin like nerd
[]empty

worked like this on eq mac. i remember it this way in classic. I have screenshot proof somewhere but cant find. anyways bump.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so this been broke for this long?

just came back a few days ago. a ton more resists for my roots lately but didnt think it was a big deal til I was getting a WD resist per hour.

dat aint right.

as for the off topic necro dispelling shit. buff stacking still isnt classic on this server. i cant find my old post but when you get buffed, it should always go on the first empty slot even if you already have that buff.

example:
[] empty
[] empty
[] skin like nerd
[] sow

someone casts sow on you and lands, it should look like this
[] sow
[] empty
[] skin like nerd
[]empty

worked like this on eq mac. i remember it this way in classic. I have screenshot proof somewhere but cant find. anyways bump.
Haynar has already mentioned next patch should fix spells with a -neg resist modifier like Winged Death to not be resisted. The last patch broke some things in regards to -neg resist modifiers. So this should be fixed.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Former Guide

Moving to resolved due to age and the amount of patches since 'last patch', other data was sporadically listed throughout the thread. Can create any new/consolidated threads from the data to make it easier to interpret from the dev team.
Closed Thread