Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Default places to farm in 20's?

heya all been here just under two weeks and 26 now, trying to trying to find some places to farm for pp. tried lguk so far and the items just don't seem to sell very well. any idea's for a 26 monk to farm a few k?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Goblin ears, sisters in oot. The problem is these are popular camps.

My opinion is get experience then it's easier to get plat.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

I guess you could quest a bunch of leather foot raider caps or farm absurd amounts of bone chips.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

There's a rule of (classic) Everquest, and that rule is that it is (almost) always faster to get experience, then get plat, than it is to get plat then get experience.

Here's the basic idea with slightly made up math (since I'm too lazy to look the real numbers up). Let's say you can earn 25p an hour at 20 (remember to count both grinding time and selling time). If you level to 30 you can then earn 50p an hour instead. That's twice as much.

Now let's say instead of leveling to 30 you spend all that time grinding and save up 1 or 2k. Heck maybe 3k (I don't remember exactly how long it takes to get from 20 to 30). Whatever you buy for 3k will NOT double the amount of experience you get. At best it will make you get XP 5% faster. At best.

And this basic trend continues all the way up, though it becomes less pronounced as you get closer to the end. Now of course you need some baseline gear (groups will look at you funny if you're a nekid level 20), but my point is the difference between crappy item #55 that drops off a mob you were killing for exp anyway, and expensive item #56 that you buy in the EC, is going to be VERY VERY small when it comes to your rate of XP gain.

So, while I really don't want to discourage your entrepreneurial urges or anything, you should just be aware that you're playing a losing game by trying to earn plat at low levels.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

I agree with XP>Plat. Even the difference in PP earned from 55-->60 is huge. If you are looking for some spending money you could farm Sharlok Bags. A weight reduction bag in Kithicor, have to be careful of night time though.
Mackaroni <Seal Team> - Human Monk
Old 04-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Yea, what everyone else has said. You won't be farming big ticket items in the 20's and unless you get luck with some gem drops or something, you won't be make big money, and even those aren't amazing. I know I got lucky in OT for a bit on my 21 (at the time) monk and was getting tons of gems. Fire Agate, Ivory shards, etc. But even then, I only made 100pp - 150pp or so, but I was exping at the time so it was alright. I think Heart Spiders in upper guk also drop decent gems, but they won't get you exp most likely at 26. Best bet is to level, then farm. If you are an Iksar, hit up HHK at high 20s and kill guards. The vendors will sell to you, great for all the fine steel swords, and you can bank there with FD (maybe without). Great money that way.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

1k pp will outfit any class well enough to get to level 40. 2x AC/HP rings and then some 100-300pp weapons + banded (or cured silk for monk) and you're set for any melee class. Rings + a weapon + some really cheap +hp/mana extra items for any caster based class.

At that point you will then start finding upgrades as you group or will be able to solo places that give more money to buy upgrades with to get you to 50. Once you're 50+ you can start to think about farming.

However, if you find enjoyment in making money as you level then you should feel free to do it. But if you're doing something specifically to make money and you're not getting xp, its likely not a good idea after that initial ~1k.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 04-07-2014 at 03:56 PM..
Old 04-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Aviak

Something you could farm would be: http://wiki.project1999.com/Iksar_Berserker_Club

It sells pretty good, 400-500pp, but the basement is bad if the badgers don't like you, and from what I understand its a pain in the ass spawn to camp, as people camp it very frequently. And like others, myself included, have mentioned, you should focus on getting exp, and it would be very limited in kurns at 26.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Kobold

thanks all, been way too long out of classic i thought maybe there were a few places that could yield decent xp and pp but i guess i will continue to focus on lvls.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Aviak

Could always check out the places in this guide: http://wiki.project1999.com/Ultimate...ng_Money_Guide

While they are mostly camped as they are well known, its worth a shot.
Closed Thread