Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanguru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How random? Should we start swimming all around the ocean floor far away from land?
If he told you it wouldn't be random or as rare as it should be.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he told you it wouldn't be random or as rare as it should be.
it would be exactly the same level of 'random'
Old 07-31-2015, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it would be exactly the same level of 'random'
Depends if "random" means randomly selecting 6 spawn locations spots for them to spawn, or if it is truly a random-dynamic spawn system and the spawn location can be anywhere in zone or within certain sectors.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

I hope it's within certain sectors on land, above ground.

Iceclad is the largest zone in EverQuest. If the parameters are "anywhere not underground", that's going to be lame. They shouldn't be spawning 10,000' from the nearest land mass.

I do understand the desire to make this rare, but this is NostalgiaQuest. Most people come here wanting to have rare things they never got on live. Let those who are somewhat devoted have access to the seaworthy planks.

Guise and Manastone drop rates weren't set to 1% because everyone knew they were getting removed, they were put in roughly at classic drop rates. These should be rare. They shouldn't be roam around for 6 hours and not see one rare though.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

I just hope Nilbog used some common sense and we don't have to go scuba diving for them. I'm fine with a randomized spawn location because it would be pretty dumb for people to have 20 people at each of the known spawn locations waiting for the bag to appear (which is even easier to abuse autofire than lining up your trade box at Ragefire).
Old 07-31-2015, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

I fully expect a few people to eat ShowEQ bans for trying to figure out where the hell the ground spawns are.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope it's within certain sectors on land, above ground.

Iceclad is the largest zone in EverQuest. If the parameters are "anywhere not underground", that's going to be lame. They shouldn't be spawning 10,000' from the nearest land mass.

I do understand the desire to make this rare, but this is NostalgiaQuest. Most people come here wanting to have rare things they never got on live. Let those who are somewhat devoted have access to the seaworthy planks.

Guise and Manastone drop rates weren't set to 1% because everyone knew they were getting removed, they were put in roughly at classic drop rates. These should be rare. They shouldn't be roam around for 6 hours and not see one rare though.
should be rare as fuck imo. it would being me joy to hear about people spending 72 rl hours looking for planks. pras.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Banned

I know someone got one on red in the first 2 hours of velious opening. Where and how he found it I dont know. I just seen the link in ooc.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

i know exactly where the planks spawn, selling loc for pp, 10 000 pp and i will get you your plank 100% satifaction guaranteed, pm
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Got one on Blue yesterday. before Iceclad was taken down for 5mins...

around 11am UK time i picked it up.