Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Default Ranger fungi tunic or??

So I de lvld my ranger from 50 to 1. I'm lvling duo with an SK friend. I'm not very twinked but I do have some nice pieces.. Velium wrapped bow, fleeting quiver, lupine dagger, crystal short sword, woodsman staff, some tigerraptor items, sky cloak, sky earring, a little 16% haste belt from sky , gauntlets of potence.. And just some hp/mana jewelry and a tofs wedding band.

I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the fungi? I'm pretty much at 0 platinum, though I don't need to buy spells or skills now.. The fungi has negative DEX and agility. As soon as our duo gets into the lvl 20s he's going to do most of the tanking, as well primarily fear kite, I'll be having a lot of fun with archery...

Should I go for the Tolans BP instead? It would be a nice boost in stats from the negatives I'm getting now, it would also give me a little extra plat to make the swap in BPs which I could then put towards buying Tolans bracer for arrows, swift wind MQ maybe.. Or a better haste belt...

Thanks for any suggestions..

P.S it's worth noting the sky quest earring 100 dmg nuke clicky is clickable at lvl 1!
Last edited by ghost182; 11-02-2016 at 09:34 AM..
Old 11-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

It is hard to justify ever selling your fungi as a melee, much less while you are leveling up. It is a very broken item.

Don't sell it. If your friend is taking more dmg and he doesn't have one, just swap it back and forth as needed. 10dex/agi is basically nothing, 15 regen/tick is massive.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I de lvld my ranger from 50 to 1. I'm lvling duo with an SK friend. I'm not very twinked but I do have some nice pieces.. Velium wrapped bow, fleeting quiver, lupine dagger, crystal short sword, woodsman staff, some tigerraptor items, sky cloak, sky earring, a little 16% haste belt from sky , gauntlets of potence.. And just some hp/mana jewelry and a tofs wedding band.

I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the fungi? I'm pretty much at 0 platinum, though I don't need to buy spells or skills now.. The fungi has negative DEX and agility. As soon as our duo gets into the lvl 20s he's going to do most of the tanking, as well primarily fear kite, I'll be having a lot of fun with archery...

Should I go for the Tolans BP instead? It would be a nice boost in stats from the negatives I'm getting now, it would also give me a little extra plat to make the swap in BPs which I could then put towards buying Tolans bracer for arrows, swift wind MQ maybe.. Or a better haste belt...

Thanks for any suggestions..

P.S it's worth noting the sky quest earring 100 dmg nuke clicky is clickable at lvl 1!
How can you delevel to 1? Thought you stop losing xp at 4 or 5
Old 11-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Don't ever sell your last/only fungi, imo.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Don't sell it, let the sk wear it
Old 11-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

I agree, you should keep the fungi.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Large Bat

Keep it fo sure
Old 11-05-2016, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely keep it. Imho.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

For a duo, and if duo is all you do... keep it.

If you sold it, what would you buy with the plat?

It's a great pulling accessory for a ranger I think, keeps you healthy if you're liable to take a couple of hits on incomings etc.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a duo, and if duo is all you do... keep it.

If you sold it, what would you buy with the plat?

It's a great pulling accessory for a ranger I think, keeps you healthy if you're liable to take a couple of hits on incomings etc.
I would put the platinum from that towards a swift wind MQ... A Tolans BP ... Maybe some velious armor MQ?? Stuff like that.

No doubt though. Our duo is lvl 20 now and the regen is really nice. We're doing some dungeon crawls so no much fear kiting which leads to us kind of splitting taking damage. He's iksar and has the ikky BP so our regen rate is pretty similar atm
Closed Thread