Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Large Rat

Default Righto... Has a newb anything but pain ahead?

I know classic EQ (the first three expacks) and want to play again... I don't mind working for it, and I don't mind spending the time, but... Encourage me. Is it all solo until I am useful to the raiders?
Old 11-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokensword [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know classic EQ (the first three expacks) and want to play again... I don't mind working for it, and I don't mind spending the time, but... Encourage me. Is it all solo until I am useful to the raiders?
You're thinking WoW. This has plenty of people willing to group up.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:43 PM
Large Rat

Nah, I am not thinking of WoW.. but thanks for telling me what I was thinking, always cool. I was thinking of the state of the early game and how viable it is to get groups.

I repeat, I am a newb and don't know the low level game here on this mature server.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

I have started many characters and leveled in the first 15 levels quite a few times now. There are always groups to be had, and new people to meet. You have nothing to worry about, server pop even at low times is like 600+
Old 11-19-2016, 06:44 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have started many characters and leveled in the first 15 levels quite a few times now. There are always groups to be had, and new people to meet. You have nothing to worry about, server pop even at low times is like 600+
Sweet, thanks for that, it's encouraging.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

There's 1000+ people on every night and the overwhelming majority of them are not raiding. Make a char and run around - the world is brimming with life

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 11-19-2016, 06:46 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's 1000+ people on every night and the overwhelming majority of them are not raiding. Make a char and run around - the world is brimming with life
Thanks man, I will.Just testing waters here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-19-2016, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokensword [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, I am not thinking of WoW.. but thanks for telling me what I was thinking, always cool.
Zero to crazy before page 2, you'll fit in well here!

Population is good, most of the high ZEM zones always have groups going.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

^^^lol
Old 11-19-2016, 10:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Might I suggest the <Auld Lang Syne> experience, If you can discipline yourself you can relive a classic experience without engaging in the current servers economy.

For those that don't know, you may read the guild charter at:

http://auldlangsyne.gamerlaunch.com

Basically, you have to earn your gear by acquiring it on your own, not by farming HQ bear skins, Deathfist/Crushbone belts, Bone chips, etc. and selling them and buying a ridiculously overpowered weapon for a level 5. You also are not allowed to accept gifted items you did not earn by killing the level-appropriate mobs yourself. Alternatively, you can also purchase items from guild members as well if you choose that route.

Anyone is welcome to join on a fresh new character, try it today!! (Because we aren't getting that fresh/green server any time soon)
Last edited by Barcelona; 11-19-2016 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: Typo edit cuz ocd
Closed Thread