Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

I remember charm killing BB guards quite easily around 49-553ish as an ench on live on tz while i waited to get into a KC AE group.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Aviak

enchanter charm on live was very unstable at low lv and as they grow stronger in lv their charm began being more stable. the only high lv charm that is unstable is the lv 60 that only last a few sec but the enchanter is being able to pet monster above lv 53

here is lucy data on boltran agacerie that clearly shown that the duration should last betwin 6 to 7.5 min ( duration shorter since we can charm lv 50-53 monster )
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...05&source=Live

also , allure spell last longer. here lucy data on it : 14.8 mins @L46 to 20.5 mins @L65
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...84&source=Live

so in my opinion spell patch no 7 was right on.

and for more info the historical data on charm that goes back to 2002.
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhist...84&source=Live

thx you.
Last edited by ziahh; 04-18-2011 at 10:23 AM..
Old 04-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Skeleton

If you're going to nerf enchanters in the name of classic then change the hate value on mez, AE stun. Mez DID NOT have this high of a hate value in classic. And AE stun did very little to almost no hate in classic.

I'm positive you guys had no idea what the hate values were and just guessed but they're way off. I can't prove this (I've tried searching numerous times) since hate values unlike patch notes aren't easy to find but I played an enchanter since release and very rarely in the high levels did I have to chain root with people taunting to get a mez'd mob off of me when warriors taunted before breaking. It's sort of ridiculous here!

Tash = extremely high hate. higher than on here
Mez = medium hate (much lower than on here)
AE color stun line = low hate
Slow = medium hate
Charm = high hate (not sure but about right on here)
Old 04-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Orc

I think this has been a long time coming.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
woooooooo! love to see the chanties QQing after their long insanely OP journey to this point. Enchanters were without a doubt way to OP. It took forever to get whirl nerfed and that was insane. But still after that the charm was insanely OP. Being able to charm the most powerful pets in game, then haste them, and keep them charmed for 15 min +.
no go see the data on lucy, you have no idea what ur talking about.
Duration: 14.8 mins @L46 to 20.5 mins @L65
Old 04-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziahh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no go see the data on lucy, you have no idea what ur talking about.
Duration: 14.8 mins @L46 to 20.5 mins @L65
Is that classic data though? Anyway, even if that is true 15 min is way to OP and it shouldn't be like that. Better put that LFG tag on...

Keep QQing I love it. love enchanters getting nerfeddddddd!!!!!!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that classic data though? Anyway, even if that is true 15 min is way to OP and it shouldn't be like that. Better put that LFG tag on...

Keep QQing I love it. love enchanters getting nerfeddddddd!!!!!!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
obviously ur not a caster your iq is to low...
Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziahh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
obviously ur not a caster your iq is to low...
/lfg on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by choklo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't count how many times dark blue charmed mobs have broken charm after a 1-2 mintues(or less) at higher levels. I have 255 cha when I charm. Most of these mobs can kill a chanter in 1-2 seconds at high levels too. I don't see how this is over powered now.

I hope this nerf affects druids and bards too, but even so, it hurts the enchanter much more:

Bards can snare, run ultra fast, and wear heavy armor. They have little risk when charm breaks.
Druids can just kite the mob if it breaks with sow and snare. Again, they have little risk.
Enchanters have no armor, low hit points, can't snare, and take a long time to recharm. We have a huge risk of death.
What he said.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by choklo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't count how many times dark blue charmed mobs have broken charm after a 1-2 mintues(or less) at higher levels.

I hope this nerf affects druids and bards too, but even so, it hurts the enchanter much more:
I chuckled at this.

The higher bard charm already has a duration of 12-18ish sec if you are lucky. Though I have not tested bard charm to see if this does indeed affect them, assuming it did we would be seeing duration of 0-6s possibly. Baseless finger pointing makes the rest of the claim, well, baseless.

On the other hand, going by
"higher levels won't have cruise control to xp" - Uthgaard
my thought would be this doesn't affect bards because this was not the case for us.
Last edited by Blingx; 04-18-2011 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: Reason~
Closed Thread