Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

OP i am actually interested in this machine, though I feel dishonest trying to suggest a price when you aren't sure what you're gonna ask yet. PM me when you have an idea what you're going for.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably state college, community colleges are much cheaper.
You Ivy League then, Japan? Upper crust?
I'm Ivy League - i go to Brown
Old 11-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard Drive?
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive62211470

And I'll keep windows 7 on it!
Last edited by iasus; 11-10-2010 at 01:37 AM..
Old 11-10-2010, 04:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$300 a credit? enjoy your community college degree bro

i wouldn't recommend selling your computer, you're gonna have lots of time to use it while you're collecting unemployment
If I weren't rocking the G.I. bill, I'd be paying just over $300 a credit and subject to what program and ranking system you are referencing, there are only a hand full of schools whose degrees are indisputably superior (I attend the University of Wisconsin). Just saying, the idea that a good college education is going to cost you six figures and put you in the poor house is silly. There are a number of state schools that provide ridiculously good educations and a extremely low price (Wisconsin, Washington, California-Berkeley, California-San Diego, Michigan, and Illinois to name a few off the top of my head).

STOP BEING SUCH A HATER JAPAN!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I weren't rocking the G.I. bill, I'd be paying just over $300 a credit and subject to what program and ranking system you are referencing, there are only a hand full of schools whose degrees are indisputably superior (I attend the University of Wisconsin). Just saying, the idea that a good college education is going to cost you six figures and put you in the poor house is silly. There are a number of state schools that provide ridiculously good educations and a extremely low price (Wisconsin, Washington, California-Berkeley, California-San Diego, Michigan, and Illinois to name a few off the top of my head).

STOP BEING SUCH A HATER JAPAN!
It's true. If you're rockin the in-state rates, Florida State University (where I graduated) only runs approx 180 a credit (Undergrad coursework) when all is said and done (that's with all those fees/etc tacked in, which is higher than what they advertise), and housing/living costs aren't absolutely insane in North Florida. Same is true of UF, which is stronger academically.

Even Graduate coursework only runs 340ish per credit at FSU...Most of the Florida schools have similar rates.

Community/State Colleges in the area only run 90 bucks or so per credit when all is said and done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Kobold

Guess how much I pay per credit in Sweden?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

I buy/sell my stuff on Anandtech.com (http://forums.anandtech.com/) and HardOCP (http://hardforum.com/) - look there for a place to sell your stuff. Most people like it "parted" instead of being sold as a "whole".
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill-Leif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess how much I pay per credit in Sweden?
Just a rough guess based on general education costs in EU-style countries, but approximately 15,000 Krona a year in VAT/Income taxes every year of your working life on an average salary?

Not sure how Sweden structures the specific funds and sources of funds that go to Education, or i'd have a better idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Last edited by Messianic; 11-10-2010 at 10:43 AM..
Old 11-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMagic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I buy/sell my stuff on Anandtech.com (http://forums.anandtech.com/) and HardOCP (http://hardforum.com/) - look there for a place to sell your stuff. Most people like it "parted" instead of being sold as a "whole".
This is true for ebay as well, you'll have better luck and less chance of something getting damaged if you part it out and sell it in pieces rather than a whole machine. I tried to sell my desktop about 6 or so months ago via ebay as I bought a laptop to replace it. My desktop is nothing special as its about 2 years old now, it sold for $450 on ebay but the mobo somehow got damaged in shipping. I shipped it as a complete machine with a valid copy of windows. So needless to say I had to refund the buyer his money, luckily the mobo was still under warranty so I contacted Asus, and well had to ship them the mobo twice, but its fixed and the machine runs brand new again. I trie dto sell it out a couple more times locally but as we know with computers, especially desktops, people would rather invest their money on something newer than older hard ware.

Not a bad desktop though specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 OC'd to 3.0ghz
Asus P5N-D 750i mobo
PNY DDR2 800 4gb 2 x 2gb sticks dual channel
GeForce GTX 275 w 896mb of GDDR3 ram
Soundblaster Audigy 4
WD 250gb SATA drive
SATA DVD RW DL
Customized Black ATX case with Dragon etched into the side window
Dual Black Cold Cathode Light kit
Floppy Drive/ Card reader combo
Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Other mods: Took out the red IDE light on the case, replaced it with a UV LED
Replaced the green LEDS in the floppy and DVD rom for bule LEDS.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Take my advice, college is very overrated. In life, it is all about "who you know".

I recently got a firefighters position where I know that I wasn't the most qualified. So how did I get in? My uncle is a captain at the station.
Closed Thread