Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

I have a feeling this could turn it around for Vanguard.

Actually, I don't. That's the worst F2P model ever.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Banned

VG is a pretty good game, and brad coming back to it hopefully means good things.

Yeah, the F2P model sucks, but I don't like F2P models in general. God forbid people pay for anything they enjoy. Everything in life should be free, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't forget to pick up your welfare check and food stamps before you log in
Old 07-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VG is a pretty good game, and brad coming back to it hopefully means good things.

Yeah, the F2P model sucks, but I don't like F2P models in general. God forbid people pay for anything they enjoy. Everything in life should be free, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupidity
Old 07-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Obviously you don't understand the F2P model. They make it so ala carte players actually pay more for stuff than subscribers.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously you don't understand the F2P model. They make it so ala carte players actually pay more for stuff than subscribers.
IDK, that depends on several factors. $15/mo seems low, but it ends up being $180 a year. Yes I know they have 3, 6, adn 12 mo sub plans at a discount. But still. Someone on the forums mentioned that for EQ2 it was about $.25 to unlock a gear tier. Once you unlock it, its unlocked. The question is, do the unlocks pertain to the whole account or are the per character? Either way im sure over time if you have paid for your unlocks, you will end up saving money as opposed to continually paying.

Ofcorse Im sure that, even with unlocks, F2Pers will still be restricted from being able to wear the top end gear, own houses, and some other things.

I dont think its going to be as bad as some may think. I dont care for the gear restriction, but then I have quite a bit of station cash on my account that has been sitting there as I havent had any reason to use it, til now. Im interested to see how this turns out...
Old 07-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

I always wanted to try that game. It looked like it had a beautiful, but very empty world. Maybe, I'll give it a shot now.

Anyone have any experiences playing VG?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always wanted to try that game. It looked like it had a beautiful, but very empty world. Maybe, I'll give it a shot now.

Anyone have any experiences playing VG?
I played it the first couple months it was out. I imagine a lot has changed. I really liked the Diplomacy.

Asher
Old 07-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

its like the fps Battlefield vs Battlefield f2p

battlefield you pay $50 for unlimited access to everything forever and ever

battlefield f2p you gotta pay $25 per gun and grenade and heal pot so you spend $9000 to compete

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Closed Thread