Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 01:33 AM
Kobold

If you pick something gear dependent as your first character, you're going to have a bad time. Full group exp is insane though, even with 3 rangers in the group. A fungi twink rolled in and decimated me and half the group before they could make it to the zone. There went all my spell money!
Old 11-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phased [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you pick something gear dependent as your first character, you're going to have a bad time. Full group exp is insane though, even with 3 rangers in the group. A fungi twink rolled in and decimated me and half the group before they could make it to the zone. There went all my spell money!
I would recommend making a druid as your first character. They are money making machines on Red99 due to ports. If you choose to make another class as your main, I would recommend making it on a separate account so you can have a friend port your main. Ports are not as easy to come by as Blue99

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-18-2014, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eventually, kill friend.
Heh, true very ture lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hit the reset switch. Let's keep this on topic and positive please. Can use blue RnF for a bunch of "Our server is better" "no OUR server is better" posts.

Btw Red pop nearing 300 at peak hours. 250 a night average. Way to go guys.
us peasants are relegated to RnF to defend our server while you brazenly post "our RED server is better than your BLUE server"

Where is my pitchfork!
Old 11-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
us peasants are relegated to RnF to defend our server while you brazenly post "our RED server is better than your BLUE server"

Where is my pitchfork!
I reread Deru's post just to make sure. I don't see one reference to either server being better than the other. I think you're just a bit paranoid and on edge.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Banned

Look how fast this guy leveled

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=171070

Can't wait to get him an epic

He will kill the mobs for it too, not farm/sell fungus to buy a 400k hand of maestro and whatever the rest costs
Old 11-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone doesn't mind starting near the Freeport area or can get to FP I can make you a full set of banded and some lower end jewelry on the house. No weapons unfortunately though. Look for me in game same name.

e: Or actually it looks like I can make some crappy 4:1 ratio weapons too so yea
I may have to take you up on this. The banded armor and jewelry part. What time are you usually on. I'll be on late EST time tonight, probably around 10 or so.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I would say enchanter is the best class to start with. I made a monk when I first started, but after a while I just couldn't find groups as a guild less monk. Everyone wants chanters. Hardly anyone would PvP me in OOT because they wanted c2, and in exchange they'd port me when my bags were full of cash loot. They're just nice to have around. If you duo, enchanter and cleric are real strong. I'd say necro and shaman are behind chanters for farming. But I essentially used a chanter to farm gear for any other class I wanted to build up. I still use one as my farm bot, and it gave me the ability to gear a lot of different toons.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Skeleton

Do you reroll there or transfer? Would a cleric trying to level be painful? Are there enough lowbies to group with? I've just recently started playing P99 and never played eq pvp back in the day so excuse the questions.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

There is no transfer, so you have to create a new character.

A cleric would be great! They are obviously very popular with groups, and in pvp they are fun to play because they are so hard to kill (multiple DAs, gate, root, dispell).

There are lowbies to group with in the popular zones, or you can try and find them through the global OOC. Your best bet would be to join a leveling guild like <Fresh> so they can help you with beginning items and plat for spells.

No problem, happy to help. Good luck on red99! It's a fun and new experience.

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Closed Thread