Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Default Monk (fd) changes in patch notes

Haynar: FD is now progressive. On first attempt, mob has about 2/3 chance of remembering you. On second attempt, about 50/50 chance. Each subsequent attempt will give you a greater chance at the mob forgetting you.

Will a mob "remember" you if he has returned all the way to his bind point?

Will they have a chance to "forget" about me while they are still on the way back to their bind spot?

What were the chances of a mob forgetting you prior to this patch? It seems everytime I agro'd a mob that wanders, he would Agro me again when I stood up no matter what.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Mobs above Level 35 however have a chance to re agro on you. If they do, they will go directly to you as if you were still an enemy. If you have stayed down long enough for the mob to return to its spawn point, then there is a 90% chance it wont agro on you again. However, if it is still roaming there is an 80% chance that it will aggro on you again. Don't be too worried though, you do have the chance to re-feign and each subsequent feign reduces the chances of re-aggro by roughly 20%. (This info pulled from P99 Wiki)

Those above 35 sure do feel like they will pretty much remember you every time post FD (they will "re-aggro" when you stand back up). If you remain FD for the entire time it takes the mob to return to the spawn point or pathing point, the mob will memwipe.

Now, here is where the changes come in play. When mobs above 35 are still returning to their spawn point or pathing point, you can attempt to re-FD (FD, wait for cooldown, stand, FD, wait for cd...) multiple times to memwipe. The number of times you re-FD will increase the chance of a memwipe.

"On first [FD] attempt, mob has about 2/3 chance of remembering you. On second [FD] attempt, about 50/50 chance. Each subsequent [FD] attempt will give you a greater chance at the mob forgetting you." -Haynar

Q:Will a mob "remember" you if he has returned all the way to his bind point?
A: If you have stayed down long enough for the mob to return to its spawn point, then there is a 90% chance it wont agro on you again*''

Q: Will they have a chance to "forget" about me while they are still on the way back to their bind spot?
A: All mobs sub 35 will forget every time.*'' Mobs above 35 will now have a chance to "forget" you after subsequent FDs where each subsequent FD benefits the monk a higher chance of a successful "forgetting" event.*''

Q:What were the chances of a mob forgetting you prior to this patch?
A: Pre-35 Mobs: 100%. *'' Post-35 mobs: 80% (-~20% each subsequent FD)*''

The money shot: Post-patch, the initial stand is ~66% chance of reaggro rather than 80%. Successive FDs now have (1st) ~66%, (2nd) ~50% (3rd) <50% (4th) <3rd attempt chance of re-aggro rather than pre-patch: (1st) ~80% (2nd) ~60% (3rd) ~40% (4th) ~20% chance of re-aggro. It seems to buff the initial chances of FD memwipe but the 4th attempt onward really seems to be about the same.

Another way of looking at it is now we have a (1st FD) ~33% chance memwipe (2nd FD) ~50% chance memwipe (3rd) >50% chance memwipe (4th FD) >3rd attempt chance memwipe rather than before: (1st FD) 20% chance memwipe (2nd FD) ~40% chance memwipe (3rd FD) ~60% chance memwipe (4th FD) ~80% chance memwipe (5th FD) ~100% chance memwipe.

(It is unclear what the post-patch % is after the 2nd FD as Haynar did not provide this information. This I am uncertain whether or not post-patch FD gets you to guaranteed FD memwipe sooner than pre-patch FD memwipe. The gradient appears to be 100% - 66% - 50% - X%. Thus, it's initially ~33 then ~16 difference, so the assumption is that it would continually decrease? Or perhaps it could follow a pattern of 1/1 - 2/3 - 1/2 - 1/3 - 1/4 - 0. This would result in the same # of FDs required to reach 0 as pre-patch. It would confirm a "buff" to the initial FD chances and a buff to monk's patience. Note: this part is pure speculation.)

Sneaking while FD has not changed, so the same rules of sneak/FD apply.

*Given you are outside of aggro radius.
''Given you do not fail the FD.
Last edited by fiveeauxfour; 12-02-2014 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: Added a bit of speculation at the end
Old 12-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Developer

So happy when someone answers for me.

Too bad they didn't get it correct.

H
Old 12-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

D'oh. I thought I understood, but I guess I'm no more than part of the monk proletariat.

Edit: After testing on beta and on new blue patch, what I said in the previous post is correct.
Last edited by fiveeauxfour; 12-04-2014 at 08:43 PM..
Old 12-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Kobold

The mob always comes back unless you wait for it to mem wipe at its spawn point. I have never seen a high level mob forget without a full reset, also I have never seen a high level mob return once reset and no longer moving. If a train happens or the mob follows you across the zone etc it takes forever (if at all) for it to return/mem wipe. I assumed this patch meant you can flop/stand/flop/stand while it resets back to its spawn point to try to drop aggro without it actually reaching the spawn point? Is that not correct?

Edit - 35+
Last edited by rubinoff; 12-02-2014 at 07:09 PM..
Old 12-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ive had mobs memwipe beforr returning to their spawn point. It doesnt happen often though.

One reason if I had to guess why we dontt see it so often is because.. when we use FD its usually when we pulled more then one mob. So when we FD if we happen to memwipe one of the mobs, then upon stsnding the second mob still has aggro, this causes the memwiped mob to run at us aswell. Giving us the illusion that it never memwiped.

I have definitely had mobs 40+ memwipe before returning tk spawn point though. And never had a mob reaggro after returning to spawn point.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

That last response makes sense to me. How is sneak effected by what is going on here, if at all?
Last edited by Donruss; 12-03-2014 at 04:21 AM..
Old 12-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive had mobs memwipe beforr returning to their spawn point. It doesnt happen often though.
I think this is the point of the change? To make it a more frequent occurrence that mobs will memwipe before returning to their spawn point?
Old 12-03-2014, 04:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donruss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems everytime I agro'd a mob that wanders, he would Agro me again when I stood up no matter what.
If a mob is a wander'er (doesn't stand on his bind spot) he seems to Agro every time I stand up no matter what. So I guess I could understand that mob forgetting about me easier being a big bonus.

Makes sence how I don't see mobs forget about me because 2 or 3 are patching back so they won't all "forget" me at the same time. But if they all get home AND the wander'er forgets me I should be set? Am I understanding this about right?

Seemed like the wander almost never forgot about me previous to the patch.
Closed Thread