Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar is obviously the better overall choice. AC bonus and regen plus forage is pretty awesome for a monk. The strike animations don't bother me much. The problem with the iksar is accessibility... I can't really leave the region because I need to train my skills in Cabilis (though the same can be said for human needing to train in Qeynos/Freeport only). I'd be KoS virtually everywhere on the iksar as well. And, for twinking purposes, getting items to Field of Bone is a much larger hassle than Qeynos or Freeport. And of course, the xp penalty.
Keep in mindy training isnt limited to Cabilis as an Iksar. Example: Brother Zeph in Rathe Mountains will allow you to train. Honestly its not a huge deal. Field of bone is a great place to level till you can hit Lake of ill Omen. After Lake of Ill Omen you can typically find at least one group in Frontier Mountains or Overthere.

If your goal is to achieve max level as quick as possible as a twink, then having a friend Power Level you should be just as easy as gearing out your low level monk. Dont worry about the xp penalty and enjoy the game.

Qeynos has easy starting zones till mid teens, then youve got to run through the Karans, you're better off starting in FreePort as a human for access to east commons and the large amount of groups typically there. Mid to late teens you'll find yourself going to Lake of Ill Omen anyway.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mindy training isnt limited to Cabilis as an Iksar. Example: Brother Zeph in Rathe Mountains will allow you to train. Honestly its not a huge deal..
Additionally, once you get FD at 17 it's not the end of the world if you don't train intimidation (a mostly useless skill it almost never goes off on dark blues these days) eagle strike or tail rake and disarm is useless. You could easily wait until 30 to train again when you have Flying Kick available if you wanted.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

getting to field of bone as a druid is super easy. Evac to EJ, then its one zone away. Should take you no more then 10 mins from a dl port.
You can also Bank while fd, so you shouldn't have a problem banking. And sneak you can sell and buy from any merchant in game without a problem.

To me theres no reason to make a human monk, unless for some reason you want to make a human. The iksar is better in every way.

Just remember the ikky regen is only 2 standing up until level 50. Its only 1 more regen then human. Sitting regen is higher also, but again not drastically. Don't expect the regen to be a complete domination over human.

and like others said you can train from brother Z in karanas.

And worst case scenario if you want to train in cab, you need to get an evac then run for 3 minutes to zone line.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

You can train anywhere by using sneak
Old 06-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Wolf form in west freeport has allowed me to train there as an Iksar Monk.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

are iksar monks better? yes
are human monks terrible? no

if you havd a fungi that largely negates the iksar advantage post 50 (iksar still better)
Human monk with adamantite club is still as good as a warrior tank 50+ (excluding disciplines) except for the lack of taunt.

so yes iksar is better (they get racial ac too) but human is still viable
Old 06-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Fire Giant

the difference between iksar and human standing regen is 8hp/tick at 60. That takes one minute to regen an additional 80hp for the iksar. With fungi and regrow, that 8hp/tick becomes a smaller % of a difference. 92hp/tick and 100hp/tick vs 1hp/tick and 9hp/tick. Still an 8hp/tick difference but it gets marginalized.

When a mob can hit you for 140dmg and double, that +8hp/tick will take a long time to feel the "advantage"
Old 06-25-2015, 03:33 PM
Aviak

So I'm going to slightly derail the thread here, but Froglok Monk? What?
Old 06-25-2015, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Yup. New race/class combo on live as of late last year I think.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

teeanage mutant ninja frogs
Closed Thread