Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Kedge Keep
I think kedge is best left to the druids and enchanters of the world. Its a brutal zone for melee (i hate having to swim back up to where I was .3 seconds ago). Corpse runs are awful with no invis or EB. Xp is good though

Upper Zone-out Golems in Seb
depending on rounds hit could be bad. With the threat of people training out I wouldn't suggest it (but you know, you ARE a monk, what's a train?!

Bulthars using ID
not sure wtf ID is, but as a 60 monk I've had no issue soloing them. They do have a good chunk of hp, so you'll probably have a bit of downtime. They do drop gems though, so, worth it? I think they are similar to fire giants in hp...

Permafrost Bearpit
High hp, high damage mobs. I wouldn't advise. Shitty, shitty corpse run back if you mess up. Should be pretty safe, though I'm not sure how many you could keep clear as you'll have high downtime

Skyfire trash
A viable option for sure. I duo'd a lot of SF trash with a druid/rogue druid/monk combo just using aggro to kite them. Watch out for those damn drakes. Might be a lot of greens for you though, with inter spaced bad-asses

Geos in WL
I have no personal experience with these guys. I know some people who have made great plat off of them, though if they con DB, its worth a shot ? If I recall, they have a lot of hp and can be quite difficult, but the gems... the gems!

Felwithe Guards
I'd kill them on principle alone, damn elves. I always advise guards because you can easily sell their equipment in the city they protect. I did Dark Elf guards around the mid 50s to great success. Worth checking out, though they might not be the greatest xp...

Charasis Basement or North
Charasis will be some of the best xp you'll find in game, and getting kushy in North will yield some great rewards. Expect some early learning curves with breaking through the painting and eating HTs, otherwise, reap the benefits!

Anywhere in the Hole
the hole is a great leveling place, I only fear that you may be greening out before you get a chance at the mobs worth killing. Golems have a ton(see a shitton) of hp, and can be problematic if you are around a harvester or some other caster. But, easily a great option if you can find a blue con elemental(low hp, low damage). Can get some loam to drop off of them too which isn't so bad.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I honestly think youre better off farming plat then buying chardok pulls. Soloing at 59 on a monk for exp isnt the greatest.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Stick with solb and just grab low lvl shamans whenever for efreeti duo, there isn't anything better other than chardok
Old 01-24-2016, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly think youre better off farming plat then buying chardok pulls. Soloing at 59 on a monk for exp isnt the greatest.
Soloing 59 on any class is tough. 60 is also really boring. Don't ever recommend Chardok to anyone, ever please.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

How well does a fungi iksar monk solo after 50? Would it be enjoyable for a soloist or is it more like kill one mob then med to full?
Old 01-28-2016, 06:25 AM
Planar Protector

Fungi monk of either race can solo quite effectively at least to 55, faster in general than can be had even duo. This is especially true if you have your epic or whistling fists robe for clicky haste. Iksar regen starts to really kick in 51+ but if you've got a fungi probably won't offset the 20% penalty leveling speed wise until the regen jump at 56. The trick is finding a population of mobs that are very low dark blues and milking it until the majority of them green out. There are multiple locations to do this.

55+ gets more problematic as dark blue mob hp and damage output starts to really outpace what you can efficiently solo. You can still do it, but you'll generally be a lot better off duo. With few exceptions, every additional party member you add beyond 2 in a well structured duo will slow down your xp intake.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-28-2016, 08:09 AM
Aviak

Also, take into account that 51+, if you bind wound skill is high enough, you can bandage up to 70% life which is quite nice when soloing.
iksar monk with fungi will solo quite well, especially with a good haste item.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Does jumping down the hole and typing /quit just before you hit the bottom work here?

This is how I would go down on live (it seemed EQ would remember where you /quit, so you would log back in with only a small distance to fall). My most recent memory is from a few years back, farming AA on a level 70 warrior (I would pull every XP mob in zone, activate my veteran abilities, hit riposte and then get a tonne of AA). The mobs were barely xp so if there wasn't a re-do of the mob database in the bottom of the zone perhaps these would be good mobs to XP off coming up to 60? You probably want to take an escape rope with you though.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quick update...

After doing some research about Perma Bear Pit mobs and their HP, it seems that "high HP, high dmg" is a relative statement. They max hit for 128 and have ~8khp. In both cases it makes them easier than trash spiders in Velks which I've also soloed.

The Bear Pits have Giant Spiders (easiest), Giant Wolves (easy) and Giant Bears (a bit tougher). The Spiders don't run and have fewer HP. Since this place is near permacamped by Druids, I was mostly fighting Icy Terrors (max hit 134 and ~10khp). They are much, much harder than anything in the bear pits but still soloable with selfbuffs only, just need to regen to full and have mend up.

Not sure where I'm trying next.

Any comments on:
Phase Spiders in DN
LGuk AM
Chardok Exit mobs
Any Guards that are lvl 45-48

Thanks,

Zen
Old 01-29-2016, 04:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does jumping down the hole and typing /quit just before you hit the bottom work here?

This is how I would go down on live (it seemed EQ would remember where you /quit, so you would log back in with only a small distance to fall). My most recent memory is from a few years back, farming AA on a level 70 warrior (I would pull every XP mob in zone, activate my veteran abilities, hit riposte and then get a tonne of AA). The mobs were barely xp so if there wasn't a re-do of the mob database in the bottom of the zone perhaps these would be good mobs to XP off coming up to 60? You probably want to take an escape rope with you though.

The ghosts at the castle were great AA on live later on, they could be good xp. Problem would be how to get there, the gargs guarding the tunnels are lvl 60 and the roaming golems around that lvl as well, atleast thats what I have gathered from the wiki.
Closed Thread