Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

i think i'm with scaringchildren on this one.

convince me otherwise and u may win my heart
Old 11-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think i'm with scaringchildren on this one.

convince me otherwise and u may win my heart
No. I prefer you as you are. Free.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's expected to lose something in the midterms.
It's also expected that when when the economy is going well the party in power does well. If we're measuring things by historical expectations, given how well the economy is doing the Democratic wins in this election are unprecedented. Trump is just hated so much that he's even alienated the people who would normally be like "well I don't agree with him but he made the economy do well so I'll support him."

And, as a side note, no one should care about the current economy when it comes to politics: when you actually understand how big the economy is and how many different actors are involved, it becomes incredibly obvious that neither President or Congress (whatever party control them) have very much direct control over the current economy. Or even all that much indirect control. And what control they do have is mostly felt years later, so the average voter is almost always blaming the wrong people for the current economic state.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also expected that when when the economy is going well the party in power does well. If we're measuring things by historical expectations, given how well the economy is doing the Democratic wins in this election are unprecedented. Trump is just hated so much that he's even alienated the people who would normally be like "well I don't agree with him but he made the economy do well so I'll support him."

And, as a side note, no one should care about the current economy when it comes to politics: when you actually understand how big the economy is and how many different actors are involved, it becomes incredibly obvious that neither President or Congress (whatever party control them) have very much direct control over the current economy. Or even all that much indirect control. And what control they do have is mostly felt years later, so the average voter is almost always blaming the wrong people for the current economic state.
So are you crediting Trump with the good economy...or not?
Old 11-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(and try not to suck any dick on your way through the parking lot)
Don't like competition? More dicks for you, eh?
Old 11-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

This was an extremely average midterm that ended exactly how most reasonable analysts predicted.

The only real practical benefit for the GOP is that any SCOTUS nominees (and other judges, I guess) in the next 2 years will sail through more easily. Calling it now, Amy Coney Barrett WILL take RBG's spot if she dies. Raymond Kethledge is a more qualified jurist by a reasonable margin, but Barrett is a "suck my dick" pick at the left which will be done now that they fought Kavanaugh so hard. If they somehow get yet another pick after that, I could see Garland being supported by vocal minority of republicans as he's actually a great judge and his views on Roe will be immaterial at that point.

Losing the house was expected, and will only pay large dividends if they manage to successfully investigate the administration for law breaking/real scandal. Most moderates are tired of grandstanding investigations that never go anywhere, so really, the 2020 election will turn on whether or not Mueller is able to successfully bring forth a Watergate level scandal. If that happens, you're looking at 4-8 years of blue dominance. If not, and the economy holds, the GOP will crush in 2020.

If the GOP is able to hold through 2020, if they're smart, they'll bend on healthcare an adopt a single-payer hybrid system that allows private insurance for the well-off who want to skip the wait time for procedures and pay now to get their hip replacement yet fully covers all others. If they keep up the "hurr durr obummercare" rhetoric, they're throwing away a huge amount of leverage for 2022 and beyond.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Orange Cartman won because he didn't lose big enough? Sounds like the mindset of a loser.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Orange Cartman won because he didn't lose big enough? Sounds like the mindset of a loser.
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1060223658898141187
Old 11-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wowow
Old 11-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha, wow.

Salty AF

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Closed Thread