Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 05:19 AM
Large Bat

Default Advice on IPexemption

Am looking for advice here .

I wanted to introduce Eq to my son he is 9 now, i wanted him to understand what was the game when video game was a thing that was a bit challenging.

As i result i asked an IP exemption the 11rh september and came back every day since that to check the post and every thursday posting a little post just in order it doesn t get lost. I know the team dedicated to this great project is doing that on their free time, so it will be taken care when times come. Today he is starting 2 week vacation and time flight since early september without return.

I wondered if i should take him a VPN while waiting for the exemption to be worked on at least for his vacation period in order we can finally play together and remove the VPN when the team is able to fixe my situation

Any advice /idea to my situation to be able to play finally with my son is welcome.

Amgaladh former ranger on drinal ( Winter s light hi to cats in the hat people too)
Old 10-17-2020, 06:04 AM
Orc

Don’t bump your thread or create a new one. They do them in batches. You can use a VPN or hotspot from your cellphone while you wait for the exemption to go through.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgaladh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am looking for advice here .

...and every thursday posting a little post just in order it doesn t get lost.
Bumping your post pushes it to the bottom of the queue. They're worked in order. Just fill it out, making sure to answer each of their questions, and then leave it alone.

-Mcoy
Old 10-17-2020, 09:37 AM
Large Bat

Dear both

Thanks for the feedback, the bumping was very moderate once every week. I now understand that it was why it probably took so long versus everyone else expérience, my mistake!

Regards
Old 10-17-2020, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Advice? Patience. There is no set schedule, and they get to the IP exception list when they feel like it--at various times over the past 11+ years, the wait period has ranged from days to months.

Also, be sure your son has good English reading comprehension. He has to be able to talk to a GM and potentially follow fairly complex instructions if necessary, should you guys be subjected to a "boxing test." Failure could result in both of you receiving permanent bans. That is why I do not let my own elementary-age daughter play on P99: She can play the game well enough, but I do not trust her reading quite well enough yet.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 10-17-2020 at 11:49 AM..
Old 10-17-2020, 04:03 PM
Large Rat

Well, I've been waiting well over a month for my request, and I have not bumped that petition once. I guess they just aren't doing them.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

I wonder if anyone's doing forum administration work. I made a new profile and posted a couple of times in the trade forum, and since it was a new profile, the posts needed to be approved by an admin first. That simply never happened. These were completely basic WTB/WTS posts, not anything that would get declined.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:04 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Advice? Patience. There is no set schedule, and they get to the IP exception list when they feel like it--at various times over the past 11+ years, the wait period has ranged from days to months.

Also, be sure your son has good English reading comprehension. He has to be able to talk to a GM and potentially follow fairly complex instructions if necessary, should you guys be subjected to a "boxing test." Failure could result in both of you receiving permanent bans. That is why I do not let my own elementary-age daughter play on P99: She can play the game well enough, but I do not trust her reading quite well enough yet.

Danth
Thanks for the advice I underlined that he is not speaking English but Google translate do a good job, I underlined that we are French. Actually Eq was what made me improve drastically my english even if at that time it was only writing!
As I will be seating next to me I will be able to do follow what I tell him he just has to notice that someone is speaking to him Haha.
Eq is not an easy game, he has tried daoc and like it but more the pve side the pvp is too quick. Thus I said I will make u try my most favorite game and I like how old stile it is on eq 99.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:36 PM
Banned

You guys literally dont need to do this... Plenty of vpns and phone connecting bot armies!
Old 10-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

As another that started on EQ, went to DAoC, and am now back on EQ. Welcome to the server!!!
Closed Thread