Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

I just don't believe in overt censorship for the sake of the soft-skinned that are too ill equipped to handle even the slightest of "crudeness" presented to them.

Attacking people directly with racism, bigotry in general, etc. is terrible and in no way do I condone it.

But, if I call someone a fag it has absolutely nothing to do with their sexual orientation, of which I am completely in the dark on, anyways. Everyone here knows the fucking difference and in no way should the entire board be punished for the actions of a few retards going out with intent to hurt feelings.(though the idea of someone's feelings being hurt over the forums or in-game is...fucking sad to me)

What's next, no profanity? Ugh.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't believe in overt censorship for the sake of the soft-skinned that are too ill equipped to handle even the slightest of "crudeness" presented to them.
Again you either completely missed the point, or are deliberately trying to ignore it to better suit your viewpoint.

At this point, you're really just trolling, so why even bother...
Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Banned

What, are people going to get banned for saying, "This thread is gay." now, simply because some people out there may feel offended?

I see bullshit in OOC on a regular basis filled with America bashing, military bashing, etc. Do I fucking cry foul? No, I fight back. Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity can not be fixed.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are pro racist, bigotry or sexism please feel free to explain to us why.
Frankly I can't fault anyone for their views, for whatever reason, and likewise I wouldn't fault someone for expressing them regardless of how controversial they may be. Ignorance is really its own punishment, anyway.

I don't know anyone here well enough to determine if I'm in the midst of legitimate racists or homophobes or what have you, but I kind of wish I was because they'd have to be more fun to read than you bunch of sorry gaytards.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frankly I can't fault anyone for their views, for whatever reason, and likewise I wouldn't fault someone for expressing them regardless of how controversial they may be. Ignorance is really its own punishment, anyway.

I don't know anyone here well enough to determine if I'm in the midst of legitimate racists or homophobes or what have you, but I kind of wish I was because they'd have to be more fun to read than you bunch of sorry gaytards.
That's brilliant homes, you rock on.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, I don't know anybody who is soft-skinned about this stuff (as in, being offended). I have a hard time even imagining that. It's more the folks who lol, or even rofl, and then move on. I know more than one person in RL who has done that.

Again, think about SoD's forums. Keep thinking about them. Wait for it... Okay, now it should be clear to all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

Lol awesome trolling man, proves a point other than what I was getting at.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
proves a point other than what I was getting at.
Never take candy from a gay?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

About to do this thread some justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw
Old 04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About to do this thread some justice.
Good idea. Pretty sure Finawin and a few others are just stuck in perma-brorage mode after getting thoroughly owned by Brüno a few years ago.

Bringing back memories yet, bros?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhP0tOm6yt0
Closed Thread