Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default /ooc is not R&F

Keep in mind that what goes on in this forum is not to find it's way into /ooc. While a certain level of swearing is allowed in ooc, we do NOT allow bashing/flaming/asshattery in /ooc like we do here, so please keep it out of there.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Planar Protector

Server Chat either.

Gets under my skin how much is in there that belongs in R&F. Not a great how do ya do for the new influx of people.

Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

people are too lazy to use forums half the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2010, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to xnolanx Send a message via Yahoo to xnolanx

i love the forums <3
Old 04-21-2010, 03:04 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

It's worse. Regular hateful religion bashing, racism, American bashing, etc.

At least it's not done using a specific few words arbitrarily chosen to be "offensive". So it's okay.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to xnolanx Send a message via Yahoo to xnolanx

/mourn Finawin's suspension
Old 04-21-2010, 04:57 AM
Kobold

It's pretty toxic most of the time. I hope enough see this and think to hold back. It's easy to get strung along into some bad territory and it's a shame because /ooc is about the best place for new players to ask for advice.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Regardless, people need to nut up or shut up.

Grown adults crying to mods, admins, and devs about language they are fully capable of ignoring or otherwise dealing with is pathetic. They have better things to worry about. (or so I thought until the recent wave of bellyaching that resulted in suspensions for prominent members of the community for no other reason than ridiculous crybaby bullshit from grown men and women)

You are 100% in control of and empowered over what you are exposed to in game. You can both ignore people directly and shut off OOC entirely and your gameplay will neither be hindered nor affected.

I regularly see far more offensive shit said in OOC than what I received a suspension for. I used to ignore it until now. I am now screenshotting and reporting everything.

It doesn't offend me but, I didn't open that can of worms.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regardless, people need to nut up or shut up.

Grown adults crying to mods, admins, and devs about language they are fully capable of ignoring or otherwise dealing with is pathetic. They have better things to worry about. (or so I thought until the recent wave of bellyaching that resulted in suspensions for prominent members of the community for no other reason than ridiculous crybaby bullshit from grown men and women)

You are 100% in control of and empowered over what you are exposed to in game. You can both ignore people directly and shut off OOC entirely and your gameplay will neither be hindered nor affected.

I regularly see far more offensive shit said in OOC than what I received a suspension for. I used to ignore it until now. I am now screenshotting and reporting everything.

It doesn't offend me but, I didn't open that can of worms.
Are you seriously this thick? Are you really that dumb?

Instead of counting on people being man enough to ignore these comments, how about you just stop using them in the first place? Do you have a clear inability to construct a sentence or engage in conversation without referring to people as: gay, fags, retarded, retards, racial or sexual slurs? That is all we are asking. There is no need of it. This is the only requirement I have made of you and you continuously fight it and continuously dig yourself a deeper and deeper hole.

There is no use to this language. It offers nothing to conversation and offers nothing to the topic other than making the forums slightly offensive to some users and some potential users. Is it really that hard to just refrain from using those terms? It is really so tough to just not be a jackass?

Seriously Finawin you have to be the dumbest person I have ever had to try and carry a conversation with. You try and act all high and mighty like you are the most ethical and educated person to grace this earth's surface with your presence. Seriously man it is time to grow up and quit "sticking it to the man." You aren't sticking anything to anybody; you are just making yourself look more stupid than you already did.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you seriously this thick? Are you really that dumb?

Instead of counting on people being man enough to ignore these comments, how about you just stop using them in the first place? Do you have a clear inability to construct a sentence or engage in conversation without referring to people as: gay, fags, retarded, retards, racial or sexual slurs? That is all we are asking. There is no need of it. This is the only requirement I have made of you and you continuously fight it and continuously dig yourself a deeper and deeper hole.

There is no use to this language. It offers nothing to conversation and offers nothing to the topic other than making the forums slightly offensive to some users and some potential users. Is it really that hard to just refrain from using those terms? It is really so tough to just not be a jackass?

Seriously Finawin you have to be the dumbest person I have ever had to try and carry a conversation with. You try and act all high and mighty like you are the most ethical and educated person to grace this earth's surface with your presence. Seriously man it is time to grow up and quit "sticking it to the man." You aren't sticking anything to anybody; you are just making yourself look more stupid than you already did.
Fucking win.