Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbobo_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or maybe (hear me out) the other guy who got the robe, set your ass up!
It's not always a scam. The guy with the robe is getting the celestial fists book with me right now. I just think the whole scenario is a bit dicey.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

And if you turned in your robe after the second guy accidently got the reward, the next MQ after you will be messed up too.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Nilbog I can confirm that's how it's working. Easy to test with Novashine in Qeynos.

I can also confirm that people have been turning in partial rewards on purpose in at least a few cases - Hasten (ie gold & rapier) and I'd guess monk robe.

I've personally had it happen to me on part of the soulfire quest.

Basically while alive this is classic, but they're not clearing while dead. If this is a bug, then CSR should be offering some support (which they're not).
Old 12-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically while alive this is classic, but they're not clearing while dead. If this is a bug, then CSR should be offering some support (which they're not).
I do not believe we should offer assistance for failed multiquests, because as I said before, if someone is doing the quest as originally intended (without mq) and without mistake, they will receive the reward. This is the same policy as eqlive - check the items turned in by an individual player. If the quest itself bugged, I will certainly deem it reimbursable.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not believe we should offer assistance for failed multiquests, because as I said before, if someone is doing the quest as originally intended (without mq) and without mistake, they will receive the reward. This is the same policy as eqlive - check the items turned in by an individual player. If the quest itself bugged, I will certainly deem it reimbursable.
To clarify, I do believe the undeveloped feature of npcs clearing quest inventory on death should happen. This will mechanically eliminate issues post npc death turn ins. However, if an npc is holding a quest item and is not killed, it should hold it until death or its array is cleared on a successful reward.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To clarify, I do believe the undeveloped feature of npcs clearing quest inventory on death should happen. This will mechanically eliminate issues post npc death turn ins. However, if an npc is holding a quest item and is not killed, it should hold it until death or its array is cleared on a successful reward.
I agree, so in this situation, in my opinion, support should have been granted as we spawned this mob, there was no one else that gave anything to it, which was an obvious bug.

Either way in our case, we progressed past this portion by getting the Immortals book and just doing the next step as an MQ with the robe, the monk getting the next step item this time.

This is a major bug if guilds are allowed to camp Chardok in ae groups and just willy-nilly turn in pipes messing it up hoping someone gets frustrated enough to buy a full MQ for 105k.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:53 PM
Kobold

I'm working on this quest as we speak. So guides will not help IF I SPAWN THE MOB FRESH and the mob has items in its inventory some how? That doesn't seem right... I understand if the mob is still up and someone failed a MQ. But if we ensure a fresh spawn and then don't get the item/lose pp is that really the players fault? Could we get a little clarification if the items are persisting through death?
Old 12-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinoff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm working on this quest as we speak. So guides will not help IF I SPAWN THE MOB FRESH and the mob has items in its inventory some how? That doesn't seem right... I understand if the mob is still up and someone failed a MQ. But if we ensure a fresh spawn and then don't get the item/lose pp is that really the players fault? Could we get a little clarification if the items are persisting through death?
They wouldn't help us, but we were having someone else MQ a part of it on this mob. (We also spawned a fresh mob just so everyone knows.)

If it's anything regarding an MQ they won't help, if you yourself have all the pieces, if it's bugged you might have a spare leftover piece...

If MQing though someone else doing the MQ might get the Whistling Fists robe and you'll be in the same boat as us with needing to then have that person with the Robe MQ it when you get the Immortals tome in SF.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

It is indeed frustrating that a freshly spawned NPC will retain memory of items turned in to that NPC in a previous incarnation.

I turned in the Book of the Celestial Fists to Kaiaren (sane by the lake, after spawning him freshly), and my cleric was rewarded the Monk Epic. Before I had a chance to turn in the Demon Fangs.

This isn't Classic and shouldn't happen. I do understand the staff having a no support stance with MQs, it's just frustrating when I did the MQ correctly, making sure the NPC wasn't sitting up from a previous failure etc. But I still lost the book which was a decent amount of camping and time.

So currently my monk has a robe and is camped in the pawbuster room waiting to loot one. Don't think I'll be paying for any pipe MQs so long as Balatin or Kaiaren will retain the memory of failed MQs from days or week prior, from spawns that had depopped and repopped since then.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

I went to MQ a KC pipe, the NPC appeared/spawned after about an hour. The monk thought I turned it in the pipe, but I didnt, and he still got his item. Always thought that quest was buggy, or maybe an MQ before us got botched. But he had just spawned.