Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 02:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New Duo looking for class suggestions

I played EQ for about 3 years back in 99/2001 and mostly played a Paladin. I also had a Cleric, Wizard, and Necro. I loved the Paladin and never got to get my Epic that I always wanted, but I realize in the high end Paladins are kinda Meh for raiding. My wife will likely play a Druid and I was thinking about maybe a Bard because I always enjoyed having Bards in my group.

Should we go Paly\Druid or Bard\Druid?
Old 04-19-2020, 02:22 AM
Sarnak

Paladin / Druid would have my vote, but hard could be interesting. I think you could do a lot with the Paladin / Druid combo that you could probably also do with bard/Druid, but with a lot less effort.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:24 AM
Sarnak

Paladin Druid sounds like a lot of fun to me. Nice tanking ability with DS while the druid DoTs. SoWs and ports for easily moving around, and regen for minimal downtime. Never played a Paladin so not sure if druid would get aggro from you, but I think you'd have a fun time with this duo.

Bards are OP as hell though, but you you'll wear out your wrists playing one effectively.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Druid rogue. Druids can kite while the rogue backstabs.

I’m a big fan of shaman mage. But if you’re set on Druid, you can make a Druid mage work for sure.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Clr / Enc if you want to min / max
Sham / Mnk fun and powerful
Sham / SK fun and powerful
Wiz / Rog if you want to try something stupid
Old 04-21-2020, 05:52 PM
Skeleton

Enchanter/Cleric was so powerful on Green/Teal. We were basically in cloth duoing even cons all day long. It requires a lot of skill on the enchanters part. Cleric only has to be good at reacting fast with stuns on charm break.

My partner and I did Efreeti and Fire Giants at a time when entire guilds were raiding them. FG are tough to split without a monk, but doable as an enchanter. However, now that they are belly casters, this may be tougher. Efreeti is still a pushover. Everything in Guk is easy. All of Kedge other than Phinny and his guardians are also easy.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Magician + Druid - Send pet in keep him healed, rinse repeat all the way to 50
Old 04-21-2020, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfFate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter/Cleric was so powerful on Green/Teal. We were basically in cloth duoing even cons all day long. It requires a lot of skill on the enchanters part. Cleric only has to be good at reacting fast with stuns on charm break.

My partner and I did Efreeti and Fire Giants at a time when entire guilds were raiding them. FG are tough to split without a monk, but doable as an enchanter. However, now that they are belly casters, this may be tougher. Efreeti is still a pushover. Everything in Guk is easy. All of Kedge other than Phinny and his guardians are also easy.
Im so good at this game me and my friend were duoing content entire guilds were raiding like efreeti thats how good i am

everything is easy when your great like me, ask me how much money i have in the bank in real life?

LOL NOTHING
Old 04-21-2020, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im so good at this game me and my friend were duoing content entire guilds were raiding like efreeti thats how good i am

everything is easy when your great like me, ask me how much money i have in the bank in real life?

LOL NOTHING
Why you gotta be like that?

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 04-21-2020, 09:53 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

LOL NOTHING
It is the class combination that is powerful, not me.
Closed Thread