Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bad idea to make a Halfing Warrior?

Hey so I mentioned this in a different thread but didn't get many opinions on it so thought Id be make a thread for it. A lot of people say that making any kind of Warrior other then Ogre is just worthless. That the front stun immunity + str is too important to give up for other races.

I really want to try a Warrior but, I really don't like the look of Ogres (or Trolls for that matter) lol, not to mention being "evil" is just a pain in the ass. So I was wondering, how much of a nerfed Warrior would I be if I chose something other then Ogre/Troll for my race? Such as a Halfing or Wood Elf?

How big of a difference would it make in both leveling the character, tanking in groups, and end game raids?

Thanks!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

big enough that you will always feel a little gimped, but not big enough that you shouldnt play the race you want to play, when i played on EQ live our best guild on the server main tank was a dwarf warrior and he out tanked any other warriors out there..my guild which was like 4-5th? best on server our main tank was a wood elf...it comes down to skill of player imo if you can hold hate and take more dmg then a ranger then it'll all work out in the end!

ps imo gnome warrior ftw
Old 04-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

Don't be anything except 1) Ogre 2) Troll 3) Barbarian 4) Dwarf 5) Human (MAYBE).

You will be killed.

And chances are anyone who says that they're planning to make a Wood elf / half elf / halfling / gnome warrior is going to twink the hell out of it, so take their opinions with a grain of salt.
Last edited by Waedawen; 04-16-2010 at 06:48 PM..
Old 04-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

as a wood elf or halfling... for example, you'd have more dex/agi. Agi adds to your ac and such, whilst dex adds to your proc chance, which is absolutely nuts for warriors. That's how they hold aggro.

In the end, STA is by far the hardest stat to max with other stats decently high. So ogres and trolls just have such a mind numbingly high innate sta number that it is kinda dumb to make anything other than a ogre. Trolls Regen is basically nothing past 30ish, so yeah. they are useless except for more stats.

The thing is though, play what you like. You wont not main tank for a guild because your not an ogre. If you have better gear/stats, you'll Main tank. I'm actually planning a wood elf warrior myself, just to be different.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be anything except 1) Ogre 2) Troll 3) Barbarian 4) Dwarf 5) Human (MAYBE).

You will be killed.
lol wut
Old 04-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xumosa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
big enough that you will always feel a little gimped, but not big enough that you shouldnt play the race you want to play, when i played on EQ live our best guild on the server main tank was a dwarf warrior and he out tanked any other warriors out there..my guild which was like 4-5th? best on server our main tank was a wood elf...it comes down to skill of player imo if you can hold hate and take more dmg then a ranger then it'll all work out in the end!

ps imo gnome warrior ftw

How exactly do you become a "better tank" then others in EQ. I thought in EQ the only things you really do for aggro is Kick or Bash, and then Taunt. Or is there more to it then just that? I really dont know much about the game, most of what I know is from asking/reading stuff on these forums. Are there other ways you gain aggro as a warrior other then Bashing and Taunting?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Play what you want to play. I prefer to group with gimptards to be honest.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How exactly do you become a "better tank" then others in EQ. I thought in EQ the only things you really do for aggro is Kick or Bash, and then Taunt. Or is there more to it then just that? I really dont know much about the game, most of what I know is from asking/reading stuff on these forums. Are there other ways you gain aggro as a warrior other then Bashing and Taunting?
was thinking more along the lines of how fast you pull stuff off casters/your healer, the speed of which you you react to adds and observation of surroundings all these kind of things hehe
Old 04-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only that was the case. It's highly gear dependent, but it's also lots of skill. What do you do when the chanter pulls aggro from a broken mez? You need to have split-second reaction and skills to pull that mob off. Tanking isn't trivial. If you are an ok player it may seem trivial, but there is a big leap in the average warrior, and the best warriors in terms of skill for sure.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

HALFLINGS 4 LYFE