Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And what's your rush anyways man? This joints been around for years and years. You gonna just pop in through the front door like this?

Quarantine.. Everquest... Sit yo'ass down, shutup, and get to questin.
Questing is frowned upon.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

People don't group on green because if it's not the perfect group comp in the perfect group spot, people crunch down on their snaggleteeth in disgust at the mere thought of it.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:22 AM
Kobold

Green is for no lifing to warder loot. The classic timeline was rushed for the pace the game works at. Blue is where you can experience classic EQ at its proper pace without coke fueled devs shoveling garbage expansions out the door every 9 months. I'll camp fungi king with you, its probably open.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:18 AM
Aviak

op was not aware of the rnf can of worms he was opening
Old 01-22-2021, 10:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowaGamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Choose an Experience Gain Option:
  • A. Classic (as currently is)
  • B. Classic without Race/Class penalties.
  • C. Faster than Classic but not game breaking.

Most people would choose C. I would bet the majority of the population would choose C. B would be second for sure and A would be like 3% of the population.
Yeah, I think you're sorely mistaken. 99% of the population would choose A.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beversami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I think you're sorely mistaken. 99% of the population would choose A.
I don’t think you’d get more than like one or two percent of the pop picking A. The whole reason we’re here is because that’s part of classic that we like! Not to mention it helps keep the server from becoming top heavy as quickly and keeps people leveling new chars rather than having a million 60s and just farming plat and loot every day.

I do think a majority of the server would vote for option B though. Just because it would mean you’d see fewer groups going with a min max approach and not rejecting big exp penalty classes (which would be a more classic “experience” anyway since back in the day many people had no idea about the penalties and had no problem inviting those classes to groups).
Old 01-22-2021, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowaGamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played EQ back in 1999 when I was 13. 7 Level 60's. I was a... "No lifer" Gamer teen for sure.

I played on Mangler when it launched and it was good. Very very good. The Exp gain was on point, the models, the game enhancing updates, pickzones, etc. basically everything minus Daybreak = Good. It makes EQ available to people with lives...

Currently Aradune the most recent Live Classic Server is about to launch Luclin in about a week and I don't like EQ post Velious so I decided to come here.

I see Green and I see Blue. Green has higher population = more groups = win. With a population this low, they should honestly be merged imo. I'm having a difficult time finding groups on Green tbh.

I'm struggling with committing though because the experience gain is really bad, like super slow. Mind you I picked a Bard (what I wanted to play) and sure I could pick a Halfling Warrior (what I don't want to play) but the fact is, I have a life now :\, regardless of what I pick, it's slow. Definitely slower for a bard though...

I know the goal was "Classic" but it's almost a smart ass thing to include the Exp penalties and slow gain into that because let's face it, 13 year olds (who can exist in a no-life scenario) are playing Fortnite. Everybody else who played EQ when it launched in it's actual "Classic" days are old now and have jobs/families/lives? So the notion of "keeping it classic because it's actual classic" is kind of annoying. It's basically overkill. I bet if you took a poll, when people logged in it would pop up, and it said:

Choose an Experience Gain Option:
  • A. Classic (as currently is)
  • B. Classic without Race/Class penalties.
  • C. Faster than Classic but not game breaking.

Most people would choose C. I would bet the majority of the population would choose C. B would be second for sure and A would be like 3% of the population.

So there's that...

The other major problem is the economy is really bad on Green. Trash items selling for insane prices. Probably because the Classic drop rates = true and there aren't pickzones. Nontheless even the good items are an insane amount of plat; 80k for a fungi tunic... really lol? So if you wanted to get to level 60 and then Twink a monk or something, you're looking at a year+ commitment. Something I could do in 2 months on a live server...

I think this server is great for no-lifers and don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being a no-lifer or a fulltime EQer, more power to you, you, imo have a good life. You really do. I love EQ. You do You. But the majority of us aren't no lifers. And this server is really no friendly to people with jobs, families, or both...

I have an insane amount of hours played for the level I am and now I'm considering other options although i'd love to stay here, I just dont know if I realistically can... :\

/endRant

Ty (just my opinion.)
I agree with you on some aspects, the server should be around a long time, just means you sit your ass in zones longer. I too have found the grind to just be fucking boring, thats why the only time i login is to occasionally sit at a troll guard in grobb and nuke him to death and afk for 20minutes(almost level 52!!).

That being said, the economy is fine, 80k for a fungi isn't that far off from live, if at all. I played during Kunark era and it was a long time before i ever traded up to afford a fungi tunic and i was an ec tunnel fiend. Wurmy's post nerf were going for 4-5k. Lammy's were going for like 8-10k. Lots of stuff had high mark ups. Fungi tunic was never a casual drop. In fact, I am certain the fact that fungi king is camped 24/7 is a guarantee to see it deflate to 60-70k over the next 6 months.

Me personally, I think the game just needs a flat out 10% xp boost. There has been quite a bit of fuckery to the exp tables here, don't let the classic stuff fool you, the exp here is not classic, dungeons have had xp nerfs and outdoor zones have had minor xp buffs. The end result is, if you tried to min max your xp from live, it's actually slower here.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:06 PM
Server GM

Miss those XP weekends
Old 01-22-2021, 06:52 PM
Banned

The grind is the only worthwhile aspect that holds all the fu-fu stuff like art and music together.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:58 AM
Kobold

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Closed Thread