Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleadar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I vote for a server wipe! hell if your going to start over, do it right!
Err... Maybe if there was some server wide consensus of a wipe and restart, or if there was actually some announcement of a pending server restart that would make sense...

But not if we're changing servers because of some fucktard ddos'ing the server, no...
Old 11-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Kobold

who said anything about starting over?
Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

I swear to god if I ever find out the guy who did this, and somehow get his address, I will personally show up at his home and give him THE BIGGEST nuggie ever.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

I think a few people (like myself) that didn't find out about the server until a few weeks after it opened or just had a lot going on for a few weeks would love to have it reset just for the hope of catching up quicker... but in all seriousness that'd piss off a lot more people than it would make happy so that should only happen if it has to. My understanding is the information isn't gone.. it just can't be hosted.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Large Bat

Cant wait till everythings back up and running thx for all your hard work nil
Old 11-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

If a wipe is even considered, there should be a voting thread to see what the count looks like and make a decision based on that.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Sarnak

I'm positive if it's even "considered" it's because it's necessary. There's no reason to wipe a server 7 weeks after it goes live based on public opinion. If the information is lost or compromised, it could start over but at least we'd have it back /shrug
Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Orc

All you people talking about a server wipe are obviously worthless garbage newbs who want to spread your misery around to the players who don't actually suck and have stuff already. Anyone talking about a wipe needs to just seriously stfu.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Kobold

do you guys have access to the router infront of the server? If so you could route whatever protcol they are using to 0.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhao [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you people talking about a server wipe are obviously worthless garbage newbs who want to spread your misery around to the players who don't actually suck and have stuff already. Anyone talking about a wipe needs to just seriously stfu.
hahah this literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the laugh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't get me wrong though, i'm on your side.
Closed Thread