Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Is there any way we could get even a small amount of testing for these things? I mean things like 'I never miss in combat' and 'sit aggro is more than tash' aren't exactly difficult to find. If the staff whipped up some toons and played on a test server for 30 minutes before releasing a patch this kind of stuff would come out immediately.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any way we could get even a small amount of testing for these things? I mean things like 'I never miss in combat' and 'sit aggro is more than tash' aren't exactly difficult to find. If the staff whipped up some toons and played on a test server for 30 minutes before releasing a patch this kind of stuff would come out immediately.
newsflash: your playing on the test server
Old 02-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
newsflash: your playing on the test server
oh snap.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for your insight in providing a solution for this issue.

Haynar
Old 02-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the quick action guys! Rock on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i'd be willing to play on an official P99 Test server.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So does sitting get you more aggro or less now? I'm not sure how it was broken before.
I believe they changed it so you got more aggro. but it came out to too much. so they toned it down a bit. I remember getting raped in PoFear trying to med during pulls on live, back in the day.

edit - also, this is not the first time lich has started breaking invis. those code gremlins hate us.
Last edited by Nuggie; 02-25-2014 at 12:59 AM..
Old 02-25-2014, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Hello everyone ran some test just tonight.

Class : enchanter pet: animation test area: Qeynos Aquaducts

Prior to first patch adding increase sit agro I would pull with weaken spell and let animation attack mob till it was at 10 to 15 % then i could sit freely without pulling the mob of my pet.

after first patch adding sit agro. Same mob same spell to pull i would have to wait till animation did 30 percent of mob health to be able to sit freely without puling mob of pet.

After 2nd patch last night same mob same spell to pull. I would have to wait till mob was reduced in health by 16 % and could then sit freely.

Also a very cool thing is mob now has to have line of site to gain agro from sitting to early. If my mob is around corner and being tanked by my animation and i sit it will not rush over to attack me if pet has not done 16% of mob health yet. If I am in line of sight of mob and i sit to early then mob will come over to beat on me.

Read some post that people where still getting agro from sitting from mobs not in line of sight. wonder if those zone have some issues with geometry not blocking line of sight.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 02-25-2014 at 03:13 AM.. Reason: adding line of sight information
Old 02-25-2014, 05:41 AM
Orc

Why fix something that is not broken just for the sake of classicness. Are you going to go back to the meditate in your spellbook too ? or force people to play on 10go hard drive ?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:38 AM
Skeleton

The aggro from sitting is still broke.

I damage mob with bow for pull, casters are sitting in camp, but still get
aggro even though they have not cast anything.
If i bring mob to close it bee lines for them (and im talking 10 feet close).
Simple spells, (slow/snare/heal) are still gaining aggro after mob has been beat
down to 80 percent.

Is sit aggro accumlating or what?
Example, I pull mob, dps down to 90 percent of its health, cleric who was sitting
stand cast heal (small heal), gains aggro immediately. This is at low lvl mind you but
still. As a warrior, with this patch, it has made the game almost unplayable.

Sit aggro is classic, but what we have here is not.
Closed Thread